1977 Cherokee Chief S - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 1977 Cherokee Chief S

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-26-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
Dynamik1

1977 Cherokee Chief S

Just ran across this for sale in my town. The body is decent but the interior is trashed. I haven't been able to find a source online for interior parts - is it even worth attempting?

Dynamik1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2014, 10:10 AM   #2
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

This is the XJ Cherokee forum (the little guys 1984-2001). You want the full-size Jeep forum found here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f57/
mschi772 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
79chiefs
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Pics?
79chiefs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I moved this thread to the full size jeep forum subsection where the guys that own jeeps like this hang out and can best assist.
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2014, 08:50 PM   #5
lindel
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamik1 View Post
Just ran across this for sale in my town. The body is decent but the interior is trashed. I haven't been able to find a source online for interior parts - is it even worth attempting?
If you don't have any luck finding parts here, you might try at www.ifsja.org and at www.fsjnetwork.com

You're going to be hard pressed to find interior parts that are new unless you go aftermarket, but you'll have pretty good odds of finding people that are parting rigs out at the other sites. In most cases, Wagoneer, Grand Wagoneer and J-truck parts will fit without issue.

If the vehicle runs, and the rust isn't bad, it should be worth the effort. What engine/tranny does it have?
lindel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.