1974 wagoneer - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 1974 wagoneer

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 02-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #46
cordell2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73pumpkin View Post
How's the shop project going?
Slow but steady.... It's just one problem after another but I'm get her whipped...

cordell2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #47
74Dadwgnr
1974 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ's Off-Road View Post
There are some bolts for the dash pad that are underneath the windshield so you need to take the windshield out to remove it.
Im confused as to why the windshield has to come out just to replace dashboard pad???? Arent their sheet screws or clips to take off the pad!!!
74Dadwgnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #48
BJ's Off-Road
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Dadwgnr View Post
Im confused as to why the windshield has to come out just to replace dashboard pad???? Arent their sheet screws or clips to take off the pad!!!
Yes, there are screws under the windshield.
BJ's Off-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #49
cordell2016

well boys and girls its been a long *** time scene i have been on here but i put the jeep on the back burner and really didn't do much with it beside mow around it. I got a new project and have been working on it. it is a 1975 ford f-350 crew-cab long-box 390 4 speed 2wd, and i have been converting it in to 4 wheel drive and don't have it started and i need a 4wheel drive anything and i though why the hell not get her running and driving! well here i am, with a jeep that's all torn down and not alot of money...great. anyway first problem gas tank is rusty inside anyone have any tips or tricks to get it unrusty? 2. is there any pre-bent hoses i need or can i just find flex hoes and make new ones because the ones that were in there were crap or were broken. not the main fuel line going to the motor. 3. Wheres a good place to get body mount bushings. i'll try to keep you guys posted everyday or so because right now its school, work, jeep!
cordell2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #50
cordell2016

well i have been looking for replacement panels and i found some good floor pans from rockauto for $60 a piece and some side panels for the rear fender/quarter panel (82" by 19") but there $120 a piece. does anyone know of a different web site with them cheap? and any were the has the whole rocker not just pits and pieces? or should i find one at the junk yard and cut it them out?
Unread 11-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #51
sandman_rides
1977 FSJ Cherokee 

You can find them on eBay.
sandman_rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #52
coonash

1969 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordell2016 View Post
well i have been looking for replacement panels and i found some good floor pans from rockauto for $60 a piece and some side panels for the rear fender/quarter panel (82" by 19") but there $120 a piece. does anyone know of a different web site with them cheap? and any were the has the whole rocker not just pits and pieces? or should i find one at the junk yard and cut it them out?
http://www.bjsoffroad.com/

http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
USN Jeep Club Number 41
coonash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #53
captainauti
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

still no pics?
2011 F150 4x4 5.0 Coyote SVT Supercrew
2008 E450 v10 Jayco Greyhawk 28 (tildah)

captainauti is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #54
cordell2016

yup no pictures yet, put it on the back burner again, i blow the motor in my truck so i had to put a new one in. but now back to the jeep i was playing with it and still trying to figure something out with the fuel, but i think i got some thing that will work for the time being. things i need, fuel tank, all kinds of lines, pump, filter, pick up, float, odds and ends. what i can afford... nothing, the jeep fun was used for a new motor for my truck, but i need the jeep to work also. so this is what i'm going to do just for sort term. i'm cleaning the lines and pump and running hoes from the fuel pump to a gas can that will be mounted in side next to the pump. Its not the best thing but its going to work for a little time. Then last night i had it mocked up to see if it would work and found a little cut on the line from the pump on the motor to the carb so i'll have to replace that but i just real quickly fixed that with some black tape and it didn't leak much so i had her running for about 15 mins at first it burned off what ever was sitting then it started to run better but the carb needs some cleaner. Then when my little brother has airing up the tire he broke the valve steam so have to replace that. so here is a list of things that need to get done be for i take her out driving. Fuel set up, clean the carb, oil+filter change, plugs wires, tires valve steam, hook the tall pipe up, put seats in, bleed brakes, and make sure all the lights work.... easy little stuff...
Unread 01-15-2014, 08:43 AM   #55
sandman_rides
1977 FSJ Cherokee 

"nothing, the jeep fun was used for a new motor for my truck, but i need the jeep to work also. so this is what i'm going to do just for sort term. i'm cleaning the lines and pump and running hoes from the fuel pump to a gas can that will be mounted in side next to the pump. Its not the best thing but its going to work for a little time."

NOOOOOO!!!!!!! Park it until you can do it right! A jury rigged gas can inside your cab is insanely dangerous! Gas fumes are explosive, and you have all kinds of electric stuff going on in there!
sandman_rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #56
cordell2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman_rides View Post
"nothing, the jeep fund was used for a new motor for my truck, but i need the jeep to work also. so this is what i'm going to do just for sort term. i'm cleaning the lines and pump and running hoes from the fuel pump to a gas can that will be mounted in side next to the pump. Its not the best thing but its going to work for a little time."

NOOOOOO!!!!!!! Park it until you can do it right! A jury rigged gas can inside your cab is insanely dangerous! Gas fumes are explosive, and you have all kinds of electric stuff going on in there!
I know its not the smartest thing to do but it needs to get to my dads place so i can work on it in a shop instead of snow. It has to work for less then 10 miles and i'll have a few people driving behind me just in case anything goes wrong. once i get it to my dads it's going to get done right. think of getting a 20 gallon fuel cell. i found a couple that are alot cheaper then factory tank, But it sounds like i'm going to get an early birthday gift, my dad was talking about getting me a factor plastic gas tank.

Tags
beginner , jeep , need help , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.