1968 J2000 lift springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 1968 J2000 lift springs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 05-02-2006, 12:02 AM   #1
1968J2k

1968 J2000 lift springs

I have a '68 J-2000 that needs some springs, it is on 35" now but needs to be taller.

I am having a hard time finding kits or springs, can anyone help me out?

1968J2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2006, 07:37 AM   #2
J4GRAND

The reason you're having a hard time finding springs is that there are no aftermarket lift kits for older J series pickups. Go over to http://www.ifsja.org and into the technical forum. You can do a search to see what others have done to lift our old rigs.
78 Cherokee Chief- Hunting Property Rig
05 Grand Cherokee- 3.7 V6 5 speed auto
J4GRAND is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2006, 10:25 AM   #3
old iron

check out BJ's OFFROAD
old iron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2006, 02:32 PM   #4
75wgbb

you can get four inch lift springs from superlift, or if you really want to go higher you can get bj's off road six inch kit, but it's kinda of pricey. if I were you, and this is the route i went on my wag, get the four inch lift springs and then use the shackles from any rear spring chevy pickup for an extra half an iinch.
75wgbb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2006, 07:41 AM   #5
J4GRAND

Quote:
you can get four inch lift springs from superlift, or if you really want to go higher you can get bj's off road six inch kit
BJs doesn't have lift kits for the older J series pickups yet, just the Wagoneers.
78 Cherokee Chief- Hunting Property Rig
05 Grand Cherokee- 3.7 V6 5 speed auto
J4GRAND is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.