1966 axles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 1966 axles

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 06-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
sailorjim

1966 axles

Hello, I'm new to the Jeep thing but have a love for all vintage stuff. I have a 1968 wagoneer that is beat to hell but runs good and a 1966 wagoneer with a good body and no engine. Want to swap my engine and tranny into the '66. I was wondering about it's axles though. The back has a center nut (tapered axle) and the front locking hubs look a little wimpy. Any issues with these older style axles? Would I be better off swapping the axles of the '68 as well? Any input would be appreciated. I don't want a crazy rock crawler just a reliable rig for the mountains.

sailorjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.