YJ axles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > YJ axles

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 04-13-2008, 07:11 PM   #1
Grand Fan 4eva

YJ axles

i picked up some comlete yj axles, driveshafts and steering box/ linkages for $100 this weekend. its a d30 and a d35. i know the 35 is junk but its for my dd comanche with 31's (which currently has a d35). the axles have 4:10 gears so i was hoping that in addition to having spare shafts (they are compatible right? the fronts looked a bit different but they are both CAD axles) i would like to swap the gears. i know its not recomended to swap used gears so what are my other options? i think the rear axle may bolt up since both are SUA but what about the front? it would be a lot of fabbing to swap it in... is the main issue with swapping used gears just the noise? i could live with that...

'97 XJ ~5" / 33 trxus / RK 3-link / FOA 12" CO's
'00 XJ Stock DD
'68 M715
'98 5.9 Limited
Grand Fan 4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
Pete M
1988 MJ Comanche 

Personally I would sell them to a YJ owner for a profit and go buy MJ/XJ axles with 4.10 gears already in them.
Jeep on!
--Pete
My email: petermontie@hotmail.com
ComancheClub.com/forums
Pete M is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.