whys my jeep overheating? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > whys my jeep overheating?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #16
Kaivic2010
1981 FSJ Cherokee 

I don't know what to do

Kaivic2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #17
dkroll
1989 MJ Comanche 

Many times, I have purchased a new thermostat which does not have a bleeder valve on the top of it, I would overheat at random times! got the right t-stat and all was well. With a closed system, I have found this VERY important. If just drilling a hole in the thing, this will help some times. But I would get the type which has it.FYI.!!!
Unread 11-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #18
usawrestler95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Just hope your freeze plug didn't rust. You'll have to take out your whole transmission and thats what I'm going through now...
usawrestler95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #19
sjdm
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I have a 89 I just bought 2 weeks ago. I paid the women and got the title. I didn't notice the puddle of coolant in the tar paper like stuff at the bottom of the engine compartment until I got home. I looked for a leak and did not find one so I figured it was from a recent repair as it had new Gates hoses on it.

I also noticed the heater wasn't working all that well so the first thing I did was replace the T-stat. I burped the system like I read on here. It was fine until today while I was drying the engine after some engine degreasing The pressure bottle started spewing coolant and coolant was running from underneath the radiator. Once again I cannot find where the leak in the radiator is.

I filled up the tank and its been running for the past hour with no issues. Whats up?
sjdm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #20
chipast

I have a grand Cherokee 05 just did water pump and thermostat and it still over heating why??? I did notice inside on windshield had some condensation on right side could it be my heater core thats making it over heat????
chipast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 07:32 PM   #21
dkroll
1989 MJ Comanche 

I agree with above.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.