Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your mj today.

11K views 86 replies 40 participants last post by  nvsmith 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a forum that we can keep running for a long time.
This is a good way to keep track of the people in this forum.
pics are very welcome!

#5 ·
Drove it. Took it out in the desert for like 5min. Relized that 235s w/3.07 gears makes the truck not move in sand :D. I also hydro planed it. I LOVE SWINGING THE REAR (I drive a 4Runner and compard to the MJ its top heavy)
Also noticed i think i need new injector O-rings. Put gas in the tank.

#6 ·
Underway

this sucks, my Monster Jeep is back home, sitting in a driveway. Although it waits for repairs, she turns over and awaits an MSD 6al kit and a heavy duty leaf spring perch kits. gonna buy my membership so you guys can see her.

GO NAVY STRIKE GROUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers::cheers2:

#7 ·
drove it to school then work
bought 12" pioneer subs
began replacing vavle cover.
different year valve cover soi need new bolts.:brickwall
i went to parts store but got the wrong ones.
anyone know what the tread is on the bolts that go on the vavle cover to the head?

#8 ·
finished putting my valve cover on.

drove to town to look at the car show.
i came back to it and ppl were looking at it.
mind you it is a stock 87 2.5 sporttruck

#10 ·
ya i guy brung a 1500 ram and his rear seals wereleaking i told him he should get those fixed he said to me it will be alright.

well about a week ago a red dodge 1500 stop on the high way in front of my work and it was that guy.

he actually blew his pioin gear throughhis diff cover.
i almost said i told you so.

#12 ·
drove to work and back home to get my toy rig(87 xj)
drove the xj to work andback homw again.
tryingto fix the axle it wont engage the front axle that is.

ya there cool i now want a full size jeep

#14 ·
Fixed the fuse that kept blowing when headlights were turned on, found out it was a crossed wire under the rear bumper (luck i found it) now I have tail lights!... Bought bondo and things needed to start some repair this weekend. Bought lights for my fenders to make it legal as my tires stick out way past fenders and no flares. Ordered dash trim piece from ebay so itll look like I have a dash... thought about figuring out the wiring for the radio, need to find a wiring harness(do they make one for an 87 comanche?)... ran out of daylight, damn.

#16 ·
drove it to work and back home.
put my rims on now it looks newer
the old rusty steel wheels are gone and now the 5 spoke alloy wheels are on and look good!

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/album.php?u=3349

that is the link to my albums on cherokeeforum.com

#24 ·
I hope to have one or both mine running by Saturday! Then one is to be sold (already have a likely buyer for the '86 for $1000 as I have replaced the motor/trans/tcase, clutch, flywheel and most sensors) and the other will be up for sale (88 4.0L/AW4/NP242 with SOA lift that clears 33/9.50 tires) $2000.
Going to have my '77 J10 shortbox stepside on the road with a 304/AW4/NP208D with 5.13 J20 axles and 33" tires. With a 20 mpg full size that hauls what I need, I sadly let my other toys go.

#25 ·
I received a broken rear end from a ZJ. Im pretty sure it was a dana 35. I didnt think they put those in the grand, but then again i dont know anything about the grands. ANYWAYS I took the disc brakes off if and I am in the middle of fabbing them to fit my axle....not a bolt up operation. It doesnt look very pretty but its a trail only jeep so who cares. YAY disco's in the rear.

Oh and im upgrading from no brakes on the driver's side rear bc the PO broke the whole darn wheel off, and didnt fix the brakes just put the drum back on. WTF

#27 ·
So I got the left rear disc on and it works well. In the process of removing the old brake line on the left i brok the one on the right. So now i need to fab up the caliper bracket on the right and buy a caliper (the original axle only had one). BUT before i could do that i took it out to the farm today and heard a pop in the rear. Pretty sure i broke the rear weld again. :shhh:

#28 ·
On Sunday I started my 5sp to AW4 swap. Stopped that because the wiring to put a 90 trans in an 87 truck SUCKS. So I just swapped the engines. Finished tighten putting the grill and lights etc. on today (Wed) in the morning. In the afternoon I ripped the rear diff out of the truck and the rear diff out of the donor Cherokee and got started making some spring perches. Will have the rear diff in tomorrow and then will swap the front. It wil be nice having 3.55 gears instead of the 3.07s that were in the truck.

Might biuld a stroker out of the 87 engine. Will definetly reuild the axles and put 4.56 gears in them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.