Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Switching from an XJ to an MJ

670 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Pete M 
#1 ·
I'm real interested in doing an MJ project. My XJ is an absolute heep, and I'd like to get a full-frame truck, and an MJ would be great, especially if I can do an late-model interior and exterior swap. I've been on comancheclub and saw a couple projects, but not anything in completion. I'm thinking of picking up a cheap MJ and setting it aside and completely stripping the interior and running gear. Then drop in a later-model motor, PCM, trans, Xfer case, and if necessary front and rear end out of my 99. I'll also use my dash, electronics, and front door panals (motor, doors, fenders, hood, and header panal will have to come from the yard, mine are all bent up and motor is ticking).

I'd like a link to some projects that are completed that go into detail on cost, effort, tools, etc.

#2 ·
There have only been a handful that have attempted the full enchilada. Offhand I can't think of the names of the couple that have finished. shelbyluvv is coming along nicely on his and should be able to help out with some details.
http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11834
--Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.