stereo help in my 89 Comanche - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > stereo help in my 89 Comanche

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
ebair

stereo help in my 89 Comanche

Hey I'm replacing an older stereo and my new one has a remote wire and it won't turn without the remote wire connected to the wiring harness. Which wire would it connect to in the wiring harness? Please help any input is appreciated.

ebair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
TCAdkins
1989 MJ Comanche 

Just put a new kenwood in mine yesterday. We messed with it for hours until we figured it out but does it say on the box that you have to connect that wire? Mine wasn't working until we combined the ignition wires from the receiver to the truck, and the positive to the truck. Then we fabricated our own negative with speaker wire and we were golden.
TCAdkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
mj40
1989 MJ Comanche 

remote wire, is it blue....the older kenwoods used that blue wire to turn on/trigger the amps if used...

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...tail/1219.html
mj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
TrucksBootsNGun
1988 MJ Comanche 

I recently had to mess with my aftermarket radio after a day of wheeling and it started popping fuses. After many hours I discovered a open port on the fuse panel labelled "Batt" or "Battery" I need a constant power source to keep the radio's memory so I ran the constant voltage wire to that port using one of these. http://www.submarineboat.com/images/rov/fuse_holder.jpg
TrucksBootsNGun is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.