Soa ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Soa ?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 04-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
Grand Fan 4eva

Soa ?

i've got most of the pieces to lift my mj but i don't want to go too big because it's my dd and i can't swing an axle swap right now so i dont want any more rubber on the D35 than the 31's on there now. I've got rusty's 3in HD coils and 3.5" shocks but i can't decide what to do with the rear. i'd like to just go ahead and do SOA w/ 35's but i need to keep the truck somewhat practical and reliable for now. Can i go SOA and pull a few leaves to net around 4"? ovbiously that's going to kill my payload abilities though... maybe i'll look for some flatter springs (xj?) and just re-use the main. what do you guys think? i've got some spacers i'd throw on top of the coils but i know it's just going to look silly w/ 31's.
BTW- roughly what is the max height i can go w/ a LWB and not experience ANY ds vibes? i take the truck on long trips often and it rides so smooth right now, i'd hate to introduce ds vibes.
Also, can the old spring perches be ground/ cut off and re-used? it's my "budget" rig but safety comes first
Thanks

'97 XJ ~5" / 33 trxus / RK 3-link / FOA 12" CO's
'00 XJ Stock DD
'68 M715
'98 5.9 Limited
Grand Fan 4eva is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.