JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   MJ Comanche Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f53/)
-   -   Signals and Hazards wont work!! HELP!! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f53/signals-hazards-wont-work-help-1489537/)

Jeep_Creeper 03-07-2013 09:13 AM

Signals and Hazards wont work!! HELP!!

Hello all, i bought my 1st comanche yesterday and all of the signals DID work except for the front left.. it would stay on continuously no matter what, aslong as the headlights were on, and the hazard lights wouldnt do anything... now today NONE of the signals work, and the front left still stays completely illuminated aslong as the headlights are on, and the hazards also still don't work, now i have noticed the interior arrow lights no longer light up and no longer makes the clicking noise when you turn.

Ive ripped right into the dash, checked all of the relays, fuses appear to be good, etc

if anyone can give me some helpful advice on how to get my signals working it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks fellow Jeep owners!!

ftpiercecracker 03-14-2013 10:55 PM

Pull and visually inspect ALL fuses, dont just assume. If they look questionable chuck em and put a new one in, make sure its the right amps as well. Also check all grounds, if yours is all original there will be only one ground for the interior. Sitting in the driver seat it should be directly above your left knee, you will probably have to remove the knee board to get to it. Make sure it is SUPER clean and tight.

Electrical is one of the hardest things to help with over the inter webs, because who knows what the previous owner might have rigged up. If its 100% untouched it makes things a little bit easier, but still difficult. My best advice would be to learn the basics of using a multimeter and test light, these two tools will become you best friends VERY quickly.

cruiser54 03-17-2013 06:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I suggest unplugging EVERY electrical connection in the engine bay you can find, whether engine related or not, and spraying it out with a good electronics cleaner, visually inspecting the terminals making sure they haven’t retracted into the plastic holder, and then plugging it back together. There’s a critical 10-pin connector for the front lighting system located in front of the air cleaner and behind the left headlight assembly. Don’t miss that one. Also be sure that the connectors to the ballast resistor mounted near the air cleaner housing are clean and tight.

ALL of the relays should be removed, the terminals wire-brushed until shiny, and the receptacles sprayed out with contact cleaner. Then plug them back in. I do this on every Renix Jeep I purchase or work on for someone else.

Revised 07/23/2012

Shortbed 03-18-2013 05:43 AM

The left blinker is supposed to remain on, it indicates that your head lights are on.

cruiser54 03-18-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shortbed (Post 15151337)
The left blinker is supposed to remain on, it indicates that your head lights are on.

Huh? Uh, no.

ftpiercecracker 03-18-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shortbed (Post 15151337)

i hope hes being sarcastic or just miss typed something. :confused:

cruiser54 03-18-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftpiercecracker (Post 15155057)

Shotgunner.

ftpiercecracker 03-19-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruiser54 (Post 15155611)
Shotgunner.

I am not up to date with all the lingo, what does "shotgunner" mean? :o

Shortbed 03-22-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftpiercecracker (Post 15155057)

Nope didnt mistype, and im not sarcastic, the light is supposed to be on.

cruiser54 03-22-2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shortbed (Post 15174041)
Nope didnt mistype, and im not sarcastic, the light is supposed to be on.

Uh, no. Only if there's a backfeed, poor ground, or some other wiring issue.

The time now is 02:35 PM.