Please help me find replacement ignition switch! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Please help me find replacement ignition switch!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTrick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub Shafts

Unread 10-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
ahhforille
1992 MJ Comanche 

Please help me find replacement ignition switch!

got it

dscf4017_1407x1050.jpg   dscf4019_1407x1050.jpg  

Last edited by ahhforille; 10-24-2013 at 03:06 PM..
ahhforille is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
Soldier905
1988 MJ Comanche 

That looks like the turn signal switch on the column to me , i had to replace mine on my mj and It turns out GM uses the same parts . (jeep at the time had a mix of every ones parts in their vehicles.)
Soldier905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:18 AM   #3
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier905 View Post
That looks like the turn signal switch on the column to me , i had to replace mine on my mj and It turns out GM uses the same parts . (jeep at the time had a mix of every ones parts in their vehicles.)
AMC= All Makes Combined.

Here's an ignition switch:
burned-ignition-switch.jpg

An index to over 25 write-ups can be found in Post #1.

Cruiser's Mostly Renix Tips
Refresh*Connections*Before*Replacing*Components
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
ontin000
1989 MJ Comanche 

I'm in the process for hunting for my ignition switch, as well. I thought the same thing as the OP, but turns out that part is the headlamp delay module/switch. I'll be going back in and when I find it, I'll take a picture.
Unread 10-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
Soldier905
1988 MJ Comanche 

The picture from op is of turn sig switch as a rod comes down from the lever near steering wheel and pushes on that white piece seen on the right in 1st picture (at least thats how my 88 mj was)
Soldier905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
ontin000
1989 MJ Comanche 

I was able to locate my ignition switch today, but it got too dark to take a picture. The switch is on top of the steering column, and actually shares a bolt with the switch from the picture. Notice how the screw was 8mm, and the other was nut was 3/8"? That same stud is the other screw for the ignition switch, which is 8mm. I'll have a picture up tomorrow.
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
ontin000
1989 MJ Comanche 

Here is a picture of both switches. I just re-installed them today.

Here is a picture of that studded screw I was talking about. The stud is 8mm, and the nut on it is 3/8"

And here is a picture of the switch in position. I admit, it's hard to get a good shot as there is little space up there, but this is from the centerline of the vehicle facing port (drivers) side.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.