Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Pilot Bearing???

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  75SV1 
#1 ·
I "stepped" into THE ZONE today to pickup a pilot bearing for the Comanche but when I went to put it in, it's the wrong one. The I.D. is correct, but the O.D. is not. Anyone know what the correct part number is? The one they gave me is a Motormite p/n 14657. The label says it's for a Ford.

Thanks.

#2 ·
rguy said:
I "stepped" into THE ZONE today to pickup a pilot bearing for the Comanche but when I went to put it in, it's the wrong one. The I.D. is correct, but the O.D. is not. Anyone know what the correct part number is? The one they gave me is a Motormite p/n 14657. The label says it's for a Ford.

Thanks.
funny thing..I cant find it, but I`ll give you the story->

somewhere along the line, something happened...know one knows why, but theres 2 different pilot bushings/bearings available. I do remember seeing an application for 2 different ones in advanced adaptors website website awhile back...should have wrote it down..shoot, I cant even remember the year..Im useless anymore.

go up and down a few years in the system, find the other one and buy it...try NAPAs website-its an easier search.
also reference engine swaps-say....4.0 to 4.0ho...theres bound to be a story about it somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.