Picked up a New ToY, How'd I do? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Picked up a New ToY, How'd I do?

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 06-06-2008, 11:24 PM   #16
James750
1990 MJ Comanche 

BTW, i always liked the on-the-column autos. ive seen a lot more "xj style" floor mounts than the on-the-column ones. Does anyone know which trim levels-years had the otc shifters?

Colorado Jeep Club #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubie View Post
Three words: Flying Spaghetti Monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Praise be unto His Noodly Appendage.
James750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 04:55 AM   #17
Abstruse
2000 WJ 

Nice thing bad thing about living in the desert. I have 0 rust on mine top and bottom, but the paint is severely sun scortched.

I also replaced my instrument cluster from the original dummy gauges like you have to a very nice set with real gauges out of a Cherokee I found in the junkyard ($20). I gained 1,000 miles on the odometer from the swap and the clip that holds the speedo cable in wasn't the same, but the cable still connected fine without the clip and has been problem free for 3 years now. I've liked having the real gauges so much better though and it looks a lot nicer.

I've been watching my local junkyard for the overhead display with the compass and temperature like in my WJ. As soon as I run across one I'm going to rip it out and figure out a way to mount it in my MJ.

My body is in perfect shape, but my paint is 20 years gone and still original, that thing has to of been freshly repainted, it looks good though, has me thinking maybe I should put some new paint on mine, but then again, probably not, I like not worrying about scratching my paint when out 4 wheeling in it.
Abstruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2008, 06:51 AM   #18
Blue XJ
1988 MJ Comanche 

good luck working on it. i'd take a guess and say just about every bolt is rusted in place on it.

great find though.
Blue Jeep Club Member #72
| 4.6L Stroker | AW4 | 6.5" RK Long Arm Kit | 35" TruXus MT's | HP30, 4.56, ARB, Alloys, Lockouts | C8.25, 4.56, ARB, Alloy Shafts, Disk Brakes | Warn XD9000i | Interior Cage |
Blue XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.