oil pan problems...help!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > oil pan problems...help!!

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
hfinger2

oil pan problems...help!!

So i went and got a 1990 comanche this weekend and it had a oil leak from the oil pan gasket. I went to put in the gasket and the pan was full of silicon and the four front bolts were only finger tight...i got it off and cleaned everything REALLY good... turns out those 4 front bolt holes are stripped behing belief.. what is the best way to repair this???..the right way!..PLEASE HELP!!

hfinger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Do you mean the bolts are stripped or the block is stripped?
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
BenQ

The right way (as you asked) would be to buy a heli-coil thread repair kit from the parts store. the kits are available in differant sizes (you'll want get one the size of your oem bolt). a good kit will come will the proper drill bit, tap, insert and insert install tool.
Then kust follow the instuctions on the package.
There are also thread repair epoxies out there but I've had limited luck with them.
Good luck
BenQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Yes i agree that the helicoil is the right way. Bring them the bolt and they schould be able to help you. But if it is just the bolt that is stripped obviously just buy new bolts
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.