Newfie's MJ build , stage 1 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Newfie's MJ build , stage 1

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #46
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymanrph View Post
$10 for a factory roll bar? I already have a roll bar and I'd buy 10 at that price. Nice score.
Yeah , nobody could have passed on that . It was listed for 3 days on Kijiji when I saw it . Too early to phone when I saw it but called first chance . It was just getting placed in a garage sale they were having . I'm 45mins outside of the city so I asked him to mark it sold and give me an hour(thus the tape tags) . He kindly oblijged and I dropped what I was doing and made the trip . It makes a nice package . When I start the body work eventually , it's getting Bushwacker fender flares . White with black trim . This ones gonna end up a street queen

newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #47
NGAXJING
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Any new updates?
NGAXJING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 05:11 AM   #48
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

No , nothing yet . Soon though . I just completely re-modeled and de-junked my garage so I'm ready . This weekend , or next for sure , stage 2 (powertrain transplant) will begin .
Unread 01-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #49
dest
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome looking.
dest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #50
soul_Less
1994 ZJ 

soul_Less is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #51
gus7

heads up

Tha harmonic balancer has to be swapped also . Had I'd of thought about it , I would have got a new seal . Fingers crossed it done leak , lol . if you hear like a bird chirp from the front end ..look at your timing plate cover ..fast! the rubber from the harmonic balancer cutting into it! i caught it before any damage happened ...look at the cloyles double link timing chain with 3 way key timing crank ...use the 4* ave mark it works very well ! for better shocks tried this one S-10 coil over shocks with cutting off the top cross bar and install !

Last edited by gus7; 01-28-2012 at 01:23 AM.. Reason: add abit more
gus7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #52
LeCoq
1999 WJ 

Subscribed
Unread 01-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #53
86customanche
1992 MJ Comanche 

I saw what you did with the XJ striker plate on the MJ but what did you do with the hinges? I know they are different as well.
Unread 01-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #54
Mark-318-IT
1998 ZJ 

love that mj!
Mark-318-IT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #55
NGAXJING
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-318-IT
love that mj!
Almost one year to the day since last post.

Any update on this?
NGAXJING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #56
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGAXJING View Post
Almost one year to the day since last post.

Any update on this?
I know . The damn thing is just sitting right now . Got side tracked a 1/2 dozen times , the bought my 2nd 5.9 in Dec. and had a few things to do to it so it could be used as a DD . Trans was the biggest issue but now it's flying down the hwy at 80 mph daily

I had to do some work to my Orvis to get it roadworthy . Now that's done too , well , still more going to be done but now drivable . It' sitting outside parked for this winter . Drives very nice though

My furnace just stopped working and it's a 7-800 fix . I "have" to get it professionally done . I was about to get it done when my German Sheppard finds a sharp object , or branch , rips her back leg and costs me just about all of my furnace budget . So , now that I have the spare time after work and weekends , I don't like the cold . I have to start saving again so next month , I'll get the heat back on , and get the ball rolling .

Pretty sure I'm going to have access to one bay , I don't see my wife parting with her side

What I can get done for the next little while will be limited but once spring arrives , this jeep is priority 1 .
Unread 11-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #57
OverlandZJ
1998 ZJ 

Update?!

Noticed you don't have a rare cargo light.. I just happen to have a spare for the MJ.. that we recently sold...
OverlandZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #58
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Yeah , this project is not progressing . I keep buying other jeeps for some damn reason , lol . Just this year , 4 . 3-5.9's , one XJ . Sold the white 5.9 and broke even , bought the 97 XJ and made $2000 , bought the first 5.9 $500 , then it's parts donor 5.9 $500 . Built a jeep outta both and it's now my DD . Sold $1500 in parts so far from the donor . My DD is a freebie so far . I'm just gonna drive it to the ground . I want to lift it but then the gas bill goes up too much for DD .

Now snow is on the ground , busy as hell , maybe get te MJ restarted come spring . Kinda drives me nuts , I would like to have it at least in the second phase of the build . 3rd being paint . Need my vehicle storage area cleaned up to . Good thing it's surrounded by trees , lol .
Unread 04-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #59
piratexpress
1996 ZJ 

any updates ?
piratexpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #60
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratexpress View Post
any updates ?
This summer the build will restart . No choice , wifey is fed up with my parts jeeps just laying around , and so am I . Start back up or sell she says , no choice , it will start again ! I've already done the interior house reno's finished that she wanted while waiting for spring to start . Hoping to get the MJ back in the garage within a few weeks , on her side . Donor's can be brought in as needed on my side for swapping .

Gonna be a little back tracking as I'm gonna strip it down to just the cab . Thinking this will help with the 98 wiring swap , nothing will be in the way . It will be like start all over again and then some .

It's going to be a massive undertaking . I think that's why I have been putting it off . That and buying other jeeps .

Stay tuned , the build is coming again soon .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.