Newfie's MJ build , stage 1 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Newfie's MJ build , stage 1

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #46
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymanrph View Post
$10 for a factory roll bar? I already have a roll bar and I'd buy 10 at that price. Nice score.
Yeah , nobody could have passed on that . It was listed for 3 days on Kijiji when I saw it . Too early to phone when I saw it but called first chance . It was just getting placed in a garage sale they were having . I'm 45mins outside of the city so I asked him to mark it sold and give me an hour(thus the tape tags) . He kindly oblijged and I dropped what I was doing and made the trip . It makes a nice package . When I start the body work eventually , it's getting Bushwacker fender flares . White with black trim . This ones gonna end up a street queen

newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #47
NGAXJING
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Any new updates?
NGAXJING is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 04:11 AM   #48
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

No , nothing yet . Soon though . I just completely re-modeled and de-junked my garage so I'm ready . This weekend , or next for sure , stage 2 (powertrain transplant) will begin .
Unread 01-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #49
dest
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome looking.
dest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #50
soul_Less
1994 ZJ 

Unread 01-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #51
gus7

heads up

Tha harmonic balancer has to be swapped also . Had I'd of thought about it , I would have got a new seal . Fingers crossed it done leak , lol . if you hear like a bird chirp from the front end ..look at your timing plate cover ..fast! the rubber from the harmonic balancer cutting into it! i caught it before any damage happened ...look at the cloyles double link timing chain with 3 way key timing crank ...use the 4* ave mark it works very well ! for better shocks tried this one S-10 coil over shocks with cutting off the top cross bar and install !

Last edited by gus7; 01-28-2012 at 12:23 AM.. Reason: add abit more
gus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 10:09 AM   #52
LeCoq
1999 WJ 

Subscribed
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #53
86customanche
1992 MJ Comanche 

I saw what you did with the XJ striker plate on the MJ but what did you do with the hinges? I know they are different as well.
Unread 01-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #54
Mark-318-IT
1998 ZJ 

love that mj!
Mark-318-IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #55
NGAXJING
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-318-IT
love that mj!
Almost one year to the day since last post.

Any update on this?
NGAXJING is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #56
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGAXJING View Post
Almost one year to the day since last post.

Any update on this?
I know . The damn thing is just sitting right now . Got side tracked a 1/2 dozen times , the bought my 2nd 5.9 in Dec. and had a few things to do to it so it could be used as a DD . Trans was the biggest issue but now it's flying down the hwy at 80 mph daily

I had to do some work to my Orvis to get it roadworthy . Now that's done too , well , still more going to be done but now drivable . It' sitting outside parked for this winter . Drives very nice though

My furnace just stopped working and it's a 7-800 fix . I "have" to get it professionally done . I was about to get it done when my German Sheppard finds a sharp object , or branch , rips her back leg and costs me just about all of my furnace budget . So , now that I have the spare time after work and weekends , I don't like the cold . I have to start saving again so next month , I'll get the heat back on , and get the ball rolling .

Pretty sure I'm going to have access to one bay , I don't see my wife parting with her side

What I can get done for the next little while will be limited but once spring arrives , this jeep is priority 1 .
Unread 11-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #57
OverlandZJ
1998 ZJ 

Update?!

Noticed you don't have a rare cargo light.. I just happen to have a spare for the MJ.. that we recently sold...
OverlandZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #58
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Yeah , this project is not progressing . I keep buying other jeeps for some damn reason , lol . Just this year , 4 . 3-5.9's , one XJ . Sold the white 5.9 and broke even , bought the 97 XJ and made $2000 , bought the first 5.9 $500 , then it's parts donor 5.9 $500 . Built a jeep outta both and it's now my DD . Sold $1500 in parts so far from the donor . My DD is a freebie so far . I'm just gonna drive it to the ground . I want to lift it but then the gas bill goes up too much for DD .

Now snow is on the ground , busy as hell , maybe get te MJ restarted come spring . Kinda drives me nuts , I would like to have it at least in the second phase of the build . 3rd being paint . Need my vehicle storage area cleaned up to . Good thing it's surrounded by trees , lol .
Unread 04-11-2014, 08:41 PM   #59
piratexpress
1996 ZJ 

any updates ?
piratexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #60
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratexpress View Post
any updates ?
This summer the build will restart . No choice , wifey is fed up with my parts jeeps just laying around , and so am I . Start back up or sell she says , no choice , it will start again ! I've already done the interior house reno's finished that she wanted while waiting for spring to start . Hoping to get the MJ back in the garage within a few weeks , on her side . Donor's can be brought in as needed on my side for swapping .

Gonna be a little back tracking as I'm gonna strip it down to just the cab . Thinking this will help with the 98 wiring swap , nothing will be in the way . It will be like start all over again and then some .

It's going to be a massive undertaking . I think that's why I have been putting it off . That and buying other jeeps .

Stay tuned , the build is coming again soon .

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.