New Member, New Ride, Need Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > New Member, New Ride, Need Help

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
N-GA-COMANCHE
1986 MJ Comanche 

New Member, New Ride, Need Help

What's up Jeep peeps. I just bought a 1986 Comanche, 2.5, 2wd, 4spd longbed. The truck is in pretty good condition. The body and interior is almost spotless, but the motor needs a little help. First thing I noticed was that the intake duct, which is basically some black slinky looking crap is all torn up. I know that this can't be good for the engine. I tried looking for some aftermarket CAI's and didn't really find anything, and I tried looking for the original intake duct and didn't find anything either. What can I do or use or buy to correct this issue. I don't feel like its a good idea to drive the truck if it could possibly suck in dirt, water or old intake duct crap into the throttle body. Help me please.

N-GA-COMANCHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
N-GA-COMANCHE
1986 MJ Comanche 

part #3

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Air-Intake-Du...sfg~~60_12.JPG
Unread 08-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #3
zackcj7
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Autozone and Advance carry parts that you can use to piece together a custom intake. If that's the route you want to go. Try posting up on Comancheclub.com in the wanted section if you want to go back with a factory style.

BTW. I'm in Dawsonville and have two Comanches. One of which is also a '86 2.5 4x4.
zackcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #4
zackcj7
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Here is an example of an intake pieced together from Autozone parts. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1100087

It's a 4.0l in the post but it should give you an idea of what you need.
zackcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #5
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

Cherokee parts will work just fine also.

An index to over 25 write-ups can be found in Post #1.

Cruiser's Mostly Renix Tips
Refresh*Connections*Before*Replacing*Components
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
N-GA-COMANCHE
1986 MJ Comanche 

Thanks for the help. Zackcj7. I've got some property in dawsonville out by Steele bridge.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.