New fuel pump but not getting gas out of the tank.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > New fuel pump but not getting gas out of the tank..

1 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
nickhuts
1990 MJ Comanche 

New fuel pump but not getting gas out of the tank..

Okk...

There is a quarter tank of fuel in Comanche. (I know there is gas in there because the tank is out and being put in a flatbed..its heavy!)

Fuel pump runs, new fuel pump, that primes a few seconds like normal.

Unhooked the lines coming out of the tank and nothing squirts out of the fuel lines from the talk.

I have leveled the tank, shimmed it up one way, shimmed it up the other trying to get fuel to the pump. took the pump out and back in and back out again.

I am going to put another couple of gallons in there and see what happens but i am stumped. I would think it would be pumping fuel out of the tank but its like the tank is empty. Anyway I just dont know why its not picking up the last 3 inches of fuel in there.

any suggestions before I put more gas in there and make it even a more pain to move around?

nickhuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
OEburntpiston
2001 XJ Cherokee 

ether a bad new pump or incorrect install because with the lines off and the pump runs there should be fuel. Just my 2 cents
OEburntpiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 06:48 AM   #3
wurst
1988 MJ Comanche 

Get a mason jar of gas and put the fuel pump in that to make sure that it's submerged then crank it.
wurst is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.