Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New '88 manche!

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  i6jeep_1989 
#1 ·
Even though my manche was wrecked not long ago by a drunk driver, I've got some good news!

I've stumbled upon a 1988 4.0L, RWD, ShortBed, AW4, manche with only 123k miles on it

He wanted 1,500 for it but I (somehow amazingly) talked him down to only 1 grand!

Here's a link to it, i'm not too fond of the color, but hey i'm not complaining!
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...1&card ist=35

It needs a new power steering pump, which I figure can't run me more than $150 if I do it the lazy way and get it done while having it fully checked out by my mechanic.

Otherwise it's got some beefier tires, a good working audio head w/ cd player but on stock speakers ( ) an installed but not working A/C, fog lights, the works, etc.

Now compared to my old manche, 87, RWD, 4.0l, Shortbed, AX-15, 180k miles, and bare to the bone with no factory addons, not even an ac installed, nor a clock!

Needless to say my old one would pretty much haul majorly compared to the new, but I figure with some work, the new one can feel just as nice.

Boy oh boy will I miss that stick shift though! spun through first and chirped bad in second!

It needs a good deal of TLC though :brickwall Each and every hour more things, (little things at that) are giving a hassle.

It takes a good 5 seconds to start up though, which my 87 manche 4.0 NEVER did. It's at the mechanics now so hopefully nothing big.

But hey, 1 grand isn't bad considering he wanted 1500! :thumbsup:

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Didn't do anything but park it in the driveway. Drunk lost control, ran across the yard and t-boned it @ well over 60mph needless to say it did a few barrel rolls while being airborn, landed a good 20 feet upside down from it's original parking spot.

#7 ·
Well sadly a "too fast for conditions" ticket , paying 2 grand for the manche (insurance of course) and other various fines, is everything that came to HER....Atleast there "new" 2004 galant was totaled.

Anyways!

I'm going to be taking pics sometime this week...I've taken the top off, and without it, it looks a million times better. The body is really in excellent condition, not one dent, only a few scratches plus it has a bedliner that says comanche on it :)

Got a new speaker installed plus the stock, and a new headunit to start for the interior. Going to be a brand new jeep once the funds roll in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.