Need some assostance. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Need some assostance.

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I replaced the RMS and oil pan gasket yesterday. Torqued the bearing caps to 80 ft lbs per Haynes. I didn't try to start it yesterday. I pressure washed it right now and re connected the battery and it won't turn over. You just hear one click. Thinking it was the starter I smacked it but no go. I gotta get her going for work tomorrow.

Edit: I forgot that you only need to take the positive wire off of the starter to pull it( and the little one) but I took both of them off foolishly. I connected the start to solenoid wire to the bottom lug because that's where I remembered it going. Is that correct?

Unread 07-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Got it. The plastic cap that houses the connections was moving and not allowing it to turn the starter

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.