My New MJ Project... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > My New MJ Project...

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-18-2006, 01:12 PM   #1
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW
Web Wheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 

My New MJ Project...

Well secret is out, someone cought me and snapped a few spy shots...

Here is the latest project (if I don't have enough). It's an '87 MJ with a 4.0L swapped in. Been converted to 4WD (almost done). AW4 and guess what, NP242!!! Few things need finished to get her running, and also I have to come up with a custom rear driveshaft due to the NP242.

Whats the plans? Can you say MJ TRUGGY!?! Bed is coming off, tube frame on the rear with coilovers, front is getting 4 link long arms. I have a line on a set of waggy 44's front and rear, and will probally go about 8" lift with 35's. I'm pritty excited.

Best of all, the price was right and the bed is full of XJ and MJ parts!

Onto a few spy pics...

Actually for being from Indiana it's pritty clean. Has a few small surface rust spots, but nothing that can't be fixed. I'm going to make it a trail rig anyways. It does have a small hole in the drivers side floorboard, but I think it's something that is an hour fix.

LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2006, 03:49 PM   #2
Car RamRod

woah.
I have the exact same toolbox.
Car RamRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

Sweet! Good Luck!
Unread 02-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #4
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

BTW: Thats a nice looking BMW sitting out front...
Unread 02-18-2006, 04:34 PM   #5
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

One more thing... it looks like that XJ need some new rear springs!!!
Unread 02-18-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW
Web Wheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Actually I had it loaded tounge heavy cause I had a set of axles on the rear of the trailer aswell before pics were taken. Springs are fine.

It will probally be a few weeks (if not a few months) before the project goes full bore. We are trying to finish our new house, and I don't get much "play time" anymore. I'm still in the planning phase with it, not 100% sure of the rear buggy design yet.

BMW is for sale actually. http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215230
Unread 02-18-2006, 08:29 PM   #7
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

If I had the money it would be a fun car to have! BUT as you can see I am a college student AND and Grand is on it's way to 5" and 33's... Just Empty Every Poket!!!
Unread 02-19-2006, 09:59 PM   #8
Krawlfish

hey hey, whats all that talk about pretty clean for coming from indiana.. haha my MJ has been in indiana all its life and doenst have ONE spot of rust on it yet.. however the hood is fading greatly so i may slap a paint job on it after i get this 3.4 swap done, i have a buddy that just got into painting on the side and he said he'll do it for free... well good luck with your MJ project BTW i like your XJ
Unread 02-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #9
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW
Web Wheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawlfish
hey hey, whats all that talk about pretty clean for coming from indiana.. haha my MJ has been in indiana all its life and doenst have ONE spot of rust on it yet.. however the hood is fading greatly so i may slap a paint job on it after i get this 3.4 swap done, i have a buddy that just got into painting on the side and he said he'll do it for free... well good luck with your MJ project BTW i like your XJ
Your just not looking close enough!

Yeah I have a buddy with an MJ aswell that has been in IN all it's life and it looks spotless, but it's sat in the garage all it's life and only has like 60K on it. To each thier own I guess.

Where abouts in IN are you?
Unread 02-20-2006, 07:31 AM   #10
cj7xjmj

I guess I started a trend when it comes to building truggy's out of MJ's

My advice is if you plan on going bigger then 37' or 38's go get a 60 front and rear. If you want a full width D44, I have one for available
If you have to ask why... Its a truggy thing and you wouldn't understand
cj7xjmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2006, 10:03 PM   #11
Krawlfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW
Your just not looking close enough!

Yeah I have a buddy with an MJ aswell that has been in IN all it's life and it looks spotless, but it's sat in the garage all it's life and only has like 60K on it. To each thier own I guess.

Where abouts in IN are you?
haha.. yea mine has 180,000 or so.. but im currently doin the 3.4 conversion but yea im from Evansville, IN

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.