My MJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > My MJ

50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 04-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #1
Grand Fan 4eva

My MJ

here's my DD, traded a snowmobile for it back when it was bone stock and it's only got 120k on it. '91 LWB MJ- 4.0, AW4, 31's, HiCountry tow hooks, custom back rack, tool box, full skids and floor grates for hood vents. I've got pretty much everything together to lift it 3" and i've got some 4.10's i'll be swapping in. i'd really like to go SOA 5"+ with 35's and a flat bed but then i'll be right back where i started with no real DD. i've also been thinking about a SB 350/5-speed swap with stacks but that won't happen for a while.

'97 XJ ~5" / 33 trxus / RK 3-link / FOA 12" CO's
'00 XJ Stock DD
'68 M715
'98 5.9 Limited
Grand Fan 4eva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2008, 11:19 PM   #2
Mr_Random
1986 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Fan 4eva View Post
here's my DD, traded a snowmobile for it back when it was bone stock and it's only got 120k on it. '91 LWB MJ- 4.0, AW4, 31's, HiCountry tow hooks, custom back rack, tool box, full skids and floor grates for hood vents. I've got pretty much everything together to lift it 3" and i've got some 4.10's i'll be swapping in. i'd really like to go SOA 5"+ with 35's and a flat bed but then i'll be right back where i started with no real DD. i've also been thinking about a SB 350/5-speed swap with stacks but that won't happen for a while.
Ah, I love MJ's!

I've been looking around for some for sale, but sadly the only one I can find is pretty bad...

I want yours... with a manual though... but anyways, looking great!
I live with in an hour of the coast so getting sea foam is easy, but isnt the salt bad for the fuel system??? and how about the people that live farther away can you just foam up water and sea salt ??? if so what kind of mix do I use ??? 1table spoon to a gal of water??? and then how do I "foam it up" mabe a little soap????
Jeepus buildicus:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/86-xj-w-mpi-budget-re-build-757079/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorm View Post
Using pure N2 is a total waste of money considering you can get 78% nitrogen for free.
Mr_Random is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2008, 11:38 PM   #3
jage

Really? I'm exactly the opposite I need an Auto and keep finding sticks.

When you're lookin there aren't any.
jage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2008, 12:15 AM   #4
Mr_Random
1986 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage View Post
Really? I'm exactly the opposite I need an Auto and keep finding sticks.

When you're lookin there aren't any.
Why do you want auto? Please don't say you can't drive stick!!

I learned at sixteen, and have since felt that auto's are boring and make me feel out of tune with the vehicle...

oh, and floor grates for hood vents... sounds hillbilly, but functional! I'll think about that... It looks good anyways!
I live with in an hour of the coast so getting sea foam is easy, but isnt the salt bad for the fuel system??? and how about the people that live farther away can you just foam up water and sea salt ??? if so what kind of mix do I use ??? 1table spoon to a gal of water??? and then how do I "foam it up" mabe a little soap????
Jeepus buildicus:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=757079

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorm View Post
Using pure N2 is a total waste of money considering you can get 78% nitrogen for free.
Mr_Random is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #5
jage

I need an auto because it is for my wife and the F250 is crew+longbed which makes it a bit rough to park.

PS. You know you can fix your 4wd problem with a small hose clamp don't you?
jage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #6
Grand Fan 4eva

i like having the auto because my xj is a 5-speed so i get one of each plus, the MJ has the "power" switch for the tranny which changes the shift points and make it even more fun! i love driving this truck, especially when i can burn both rear tires through second gear without much trouble i do feel bad beating on it though with only 120k... and i'm not sure whose 4wd problem you're talking about but i tried everything short of a new vacuum motor and ended up locking mine. i used a heavy duty spring and left the motor shaft free so the 4wd light is still functional on the dash.

'97 XJ ~5" / 33 trxus / RK 3-link / FOA 12" CO's
'00 XJ Stock DD
'68 M715
'98 5.9 Limited
Grand Fan 4eva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.