Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

My exo cage

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  cj7xjmj 
#1 ·
Well I just picked my rig up today, and the front half is done... and Man does it look sweet:D Here is a link to the site where you can find some pics of my rig

http://independent4x.com/generic67.html

I am going to pull the bed this week end and bring it back up there the first part of next week so we can finish her off. Some of the plans have changed, and I will show you all once I get it back, and it is finished.

Patrick

#3 ·
What I have no doors:eek:

Doors are for street rigs, this is my dedicated trail rig so doors are worthless, except for not being able to open after repeated basheing into rocks.

Patrick

#6 ·
Lets no be mistaken, what I had done on the front of my rig was by no means "Budget " friendly. By the time the full cage, seats, and fuel cell are in, I will be in the hole at least another 3000 grand.

Patrick

#7 ·
Well the bed has been removed, and Pong is back at the shop. We are going to cut 10-12" out of the frame, and tube the whole rear:D I have aslo decided to unlaod my HP44, and 9" in replacement, I am going to swap In a HP D60, and a D60 rear:drool: Decided wasting the money on 2 axle builds was not worth it, plus I all ready sold the d44 and 9" as of an hour ago:eek:

Phase 2 of the build will be back halfing my rig, fuel cell, seats and harnesses, then I am going to wheel this till next fall, and then I will have some goodies for sale again, unless some one make me an offer on my current axle setup, that I cant refuse.

BTW I posted my street MJ for sale as well

Patrick

#8 ·
looks good, for some reason i thought you had leafs upfront. got u mixed up with another mj

#9 ·
No I have long arms. More then likely when I go full width, I will go with a 3 link, or similar style setup. I thought about using leafs, but that is kinda old technology. Dont get me wrong it works, but I dont want to digress technically. Plus nothing says true trail abuses like some 2" 3/8 wall DOM lower links:drool:

#10 ·
#11 ·
does that mean that some custom alcan leafs are going to be availible? I think I can think of a place for them :wave:

#12 ·
They might. :eek: It all depends on how much the final build bill is. So far I am at 3 grand, and that isnt including a lot of stuff. I think My rig will do a lot better w/o the bed, and with the shorter wheel base. All I have to say is it is going to be fun to test the cage for the first time:rofl: :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.