More $ better Parts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > More $ better Parts?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 05-07-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
romeo_zooloo
1989 MJ Comanche 

More $ better Parts?

I am shopping for tie rod ends and notice that some cost $20 and others cost $65. Are the more expensive parts better/more durable than the cheaper ones? Autozone sells Duralast and Rare Parts, there are TRW parts available thru Advance I think, what is better? Please factual first-hand experiences only. Thanks for your replies. RZ

romeo_zooloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 08:08 AM   #2
romeo_zooloo
1989 MJ Comanche 

Oh, I am starting to get a vibration in the steering at about 50 mph. I bought the truck on April 9th and it has two wider size tires on the front 70's and 75's in the rear. I can't go get new tires all the way around right now and will have to make do but is it better to have the wider tires in the rear? Will TJ rims fit my 89 comanche 4wd? there is a set of stock rims with a Couple of decent tires on them around the corner and they have the Jeep insert in the center and all mine are missing.
I hit the track bar with the heal of my hand and hear a tap of metal hitting at the ball end. I am going to start with this part and move through the rest as quickly as I can afford. RZ
romeo_zooloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 08:51 AM   #3
88XJSport
1988 XJ Cherokee 

TJ rims will fit your Comanche. Start replacing parts as you see that they are worn. A lot of factors play a role in wobbling, and replacing loose parts is a good first step.
88XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
Pete M
1988 MJ Comanche 

Don't shift into 4wd until you have matching sized tires.
Jeep on!
--Pete
My email: petermontie@hotmail.com
ComancheClub.com/forums
Pete M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 06:19 AM   #5
denlevi
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Depends on what you want to spend. Ive purchased Azone joints in the past and never had any problems with them. They usually offer a lifetime warranty on their parts anyway, so if it wears out in a couple years it shouldnt cost you anything but your time to replace them.
denlevi is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.