MJ Rear window ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > MJ Rear window ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-06-2005, 07:53 PM   #1
moonlight_dan
1999 MJ Comanche 

MJ Rear window ?

Well, after fixing the rollover damage to the roof of my new MJ, the next step was to find a rear window for it. Luckly, the only MJ that i found in the bone yards here had a rear window and i picked it up for $30.
Now what i need is the seal(gasket) that holds the glass to the truck, not the weatherstripping. Does anyone have an idea where i could by one? Or could I seal it with some silicone and then stick the weatherstripping on? Thanks for any help or advice.
Ben

Unread 02-06-2005, 09:25 PM   #2
Kingfisher0624
1993 XJ Cherokee 

You should be able to find what you are looking for in a local parts store in your area. It is normally called windsheild urathane. You can buy the stuff either a roll or a tube. If you buy it in a tube you need a gun simular to a caulking gun to get it out. Hope this helps out.
Kingfisher0624 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2005, 01:03 PM   #3
cj7xjmj

Are you looking for the rubber seal that the galss sits in? If so you might have to try a auto glass place or the stealership.

Patrick
If you have to ask why... Its a truggy thing and you wouldn't understand
cj7xjmj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2005, 03:59 PM   #4
mdfowler

Whats the story behind how you rolled her? Did you have a roll bar in the back?

My e-mail is Jeeep_man@yahoo.com... i don't check the one that this forum is attached to, and it will not let me change to a Yahoo e-mail.
mdfowler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2005, 10:09 PM   #5
moonlight_dan
1999 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfowler
Whats the story behind how you rolled her? Did you have a roll bar in the back?
I actually didn't roll it, the last owner did. I purchased it about 3 weeks ago. According to what he told me, it was a combination of bald tires and an on ramp in the rain. He said it just started pouring down and he slid off of the ramp, flipped once and landed back on the tires. No roll bar. The only damage was to the roof and the drivers door. I don't have any before pictures because as soon as i got it home i started tearing it apart to make it easier to work with the dents. But i'll try to get some pics of it tomorrow.
She's going to become my new daily driver and i'm going to make a trail rig out of the XJ. I'd rather wheel the MJ, because they rock, but it's 2wd.
Unread 02-08-2005, 10:13 PM   #6
moonlight_dan
1999 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7xjmj
Are you looking for the rubber seal that the galss sits in? If so you might have to try a auto glass place or the stealership.
Patrick
Yep, thats what i'm refering to.
If i do go with the windsheild urathane, would it hold up like the rubber seal does(no leaks), assuming that i seal the window good enough.
Unread 02-09-2005, 06:50 AM   #7
cj7xjmj

Either way you are going to need the rubber seal, it is auctaully what holds the back glass in place. I guess you could use urethane too, but I would not use urethane alone. I would try a glass place first, then if that didn't work I would try the stealership. If that didn't work I would buy a seal that had the same glass thickness and make sure it was longer. It would take a lil work, but it could be done.

Patrick
If you have to ask why... Its a truggy thing and you wouldn't understand
cj7xjmj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2005, 12:24 PM   #8
moonlight_dan
1999 MJ Comanche 

Pictures always help.

This is the seal that i have. It goes around the glass. I'd say it's more for looks rather than a seal. So now what i need is to seal the glass to the truck. Is there another gasket or seal, or is it just a beed of urethane that seals the window. And then you place the weatherstipping around the glass. Thanks
Ben
Unread 02-09-2005, 12:37 PM   #9
moonlight_dan
1999 MJ Comanche 

If anyone is interested, here's a pic of my project.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.