Mj help please!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Mj help please!!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 02-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
Thegtwyo86

Mj help please!!

Hi everyone I'm a new member and I need some help with my new Comanche I got on a trade for my yamaha banshee. It is a 1990 mj with the 2.5l 5 speed 4wd. I'm having some issues with hard starting and other drive ability issues.i have looked in to it and found the the owner befor me put an engine in the mj from a 1995 jeep Cherokee I have spent hours looking in to this and I was wondering if there are any big differences between the 1990 2.5l and 1995 2.5l I know when you look up engine rebuild kits for the 1994 and 1995's they are different from the others, and I'm wondering is the distribetor different from the two different years also.if anyone could give me some insight on this and help me make up my mind if I should just deal with fixing all the issues or would it be less a headache to do a v8 swap I would greatly apreccate it

Thegtwyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

There is nothing inside the early dist with TBI. Cam sensor atfer '92 was added

'81 Eagle wagon with upgrades $2500
'87 Comanche shortbox 4.0/AW4/NP242 on 33" tires $3500
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #3
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

It shoulda been a pretty direct swap, using a rebuilt/new longblock and all the original fuel injection system. I'd get it fixed up the way it is. No need to yank it out. There is a cluster of vacuum hoses near the throttle body that rot out and cause vacuum leaks. Replace them.

I bought a Comanche from a guy one time for real cheap cuz it started hard and idled poorly. The day I went to pick it up to drive it home, I brought xome vac hose and cutters. Replaced the hoses in HIS driveway, started it right up with a perfect idle and drove it home.
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.