MJ crossmember same as XJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > MJ crossmember same as XJ?

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 04-06-2008, 12:58 PM   #1
EnderUSAF

MJ crossmember same as XJ?

Anyone know if the crossmember is the same from the XJ to the MJ? I currently have a long arm kit for my XJ that bolts the long arm kit up to where the XJ cross member normally is. Just curious if it will work on the MJ since my XJ's unibody is toast. I was able to pick up a free MJ from my mother in-law in cali that has no tranny, and is 2wd, so I'm gonna swap all my parts over including engine.

Unread 04-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
Pete M
1988 MJ Comanche 

Got pics of the kit? The MJ has the same crossmember, but there are some minor differences in the uniframe in that area. You might want to call the manufacturer and ask them (if they even know what an MJ is of course).
Jeep on!
--Pete
My email: petermontie@hotmail.com
ComancheClub.com/forums
Pete M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
EnderUSAF

It's the teraflex 4" long arm lift kit. The long arm brackets bolt into where the stock crossmember on my xj does, then you drill more holes on the side of the unibody and use self tapping bolts in the side, after that you cut your stock cross member shorter and drill 2 holes in each side and they mount to the top of the long arm bracket.
Unread 04-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #4
Pete M
1988 MJ Comanche 

I would call them to be sure their design is compatible. Or you can ask over at comancheclub.com/forums and see if any of the guys have the teraflex kit.
Jeep on!
--Pete
My email: petermontie@hotmail.com
ComancheClub.com/forums
Pete M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 07:27 PM   #5
Grand Fan 4eva

it looks about the same to me as far as i can remember. the mj does have a fair amount of extra bracing up front compared to the xj but i think at the heart of it is the same x-member. you could probably dig up some pics on the internet and compare... i don't have it at school with me so i can't just go look, i would if i had it though. but i think they are similar enough that you wouldn't have much trouble making it work.

'97 XJ ~5" / 33 trxus / RK 3-link / FOA 12" CO's
'00 XJ Stock DD
'68 M715
'98 5.9 Limited
Grand Fan 4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #6
EnderUSAF

yeah I talked with teraflex, they said the kit will work on a man-she as well.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.