MJ bumper & rock rails pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > MJ bumper & rock rails pics

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 03-24-2005, 03:11 PM   #1
XJ-Maki

MJ bumper & rock rails pics

Just got my MJ set up with armor from Detours in CT. I think the rails, armor and bumper came out perfect!
Check it out and there's more pics on my webshots page...

XJ-Maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2005, 04:06 PM   #2
cj7xjmj

When I contacted them a few months back they told me they did not offer rock rails for the MJ, so I went and fabbed my own. My question is are they XJ rails you adapted to fit your mj? Also is your rear bumper attached on the sides or is that armor free floating? I kinda like the look, but not having a rear reciever really wouldn't work for me. Nice looking rig though.

Patrick
If you have to ask why... Its a truggy thing and you wouldn't understand
cj7xjmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2005, 08:46 AM   #3
XJ-Maki

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7xjmj
When I contacted them a few months back they told me they did not offer rock rails for the MJ, so I went and fabbed my own. My question is are they XJ rails you adapted to fit your mj? Also is your rear bumper attached on the sides or is that armor free floating?
Yeah that was all custom fab work, although in talking to him it sounds like he is considering making at least the MJ rails a regular production item. The rails are probably similar to XJ rails at the front with 2 arms to the frame and pinch rail atachments under the body, but where they extend out under the bed there is a 3rd arm with extra bracing for it since there's obviously no pinch rail there to attach to.

The rear bumper is bolted to the lower quarter of the bed in several places and the diamond plate extends about a quarter inch below the sheet metal and wraps under it slightly to protect it a little better. I didn't want to just cut that away because my bed is in such good original condition.

Quote:
I kinda like the look, but not having a rear reciever really wouldn't work for me. Nice looking rig though.

Patrick
Thanks! I went without the hitch for a few reasons mainly because the small amount of towing I do is all with my XJ and I wanted to keep it as low profile as possible to improve departure angle.

I'll be lifting it over the next few weeks and will post the pics of it then on 34" LTB's it will look alot better.
XJ-Maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2005, 02:24 PM   #4
my95yj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

good looking pics....i might have thrown a recessed hitch in there for the shear fact of having a rear recovery point but to each his own, like the spare mount too, got any pics of how you mounted that thing?
Unread 05-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
James750
1990 MJ Comanche 

ok, just found this thread, that is a sweet looking rear bumper, exactly what i was looking for. what did you have to do to order that, the sliders, and the bedside protection custom.

And if you dont mind me asking, how much is it?
Colorado Jeep Club #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubie View Post
Three words: Flying Spaghetti Monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Praise be unto His Noodly Appendage.
James750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
USN1982
1989 MJ Comanche 

NICE. if only i didnt buy a truck that was already cut up, i would of gone the exact same route as the pics
USN1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #7
Abstruse
2000 WJ 

That looks good for sure, wish I had fabrication skills like that. Is this OP even still around? I don't see any kits listed on this web site still for the MJ's, I was just wondering what they actually ordered to do this. You could easily still mount a hitch reciever under that set up and be better off than having a bumper type hitch on it.

The only thing I don't like is the way he had to mount the rear license plate, it still loooks great though.
Abstruse is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.