mitsubishi diesel mj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > mitsubishi diesel mj

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-28-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
xj#2

mitsubishi diesel mj

been wanting to swap out the motor in my mj now that its at 220,000 and having some problems and i have access to a diesel box truck complete. So in the style of jeep forum i wanted to hear why i am crazy for thinking of doing this swap. i have the time and knowledge but i was kinda wondering if anyone else had ever done or attempted this. i would have to get a tcase from aussie land and it would be a shoehorn job to get the huge tranny slung under the mj but man it would be fun. ive seen the 4bta cummins swaps but i already have a cummins in my bit truck and from what ive seen the only difference is the 4bta is more piggish. the mitsubishi could get some real stellar mileage if setup right and its 127 bhp from factory and electronic injection. ok let me have it cause i want some input before i start stripping parts

xj#2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2008, 08:17 AM   #2
wahoosteeler
1988 MJ Comanche 

i was gonna mention the cummins but then saw you were already familiar with it. i say go for it, somebody needs to be the guinea pig and prove it can be done LOL! have you been to comancheclub.com? great forum, really knowledgeable group and a lot of fun over there. if you have not been there, post up in tech your idea and i'm sure you'll get a couple pages of input within 24hrs. good luck!
wahoosteeler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
xj#2

thanks 88
well i pulled the ehad on my mj today and it doesnt look to hot. now im not sure if i should stroke it or swap in the diesel. either way im gonna have to rebuild an engine cause the mitsu diesel i have needs a rebuild also.
xj#2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.