max tire height with stock suspension - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > max tire height with stock suspension

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-21-2008, 10:25 PM   #1
89blkcomanche
1993 ZJ 

max tire height with stock suspension

im looking for some taller tires to replace my current 26" tall ones, what is the max tire height i can run, i have all stock suspension, ive herd a 30 or 31" is the max, i might get a 2" lift kit someday

Unread 03-22-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
Pete M
1988 MJ Comanche 

For a 2wd? 30" is a good as it gets. This is my 88 (back when it was a 2wd) on 30" BFGs.
Jeep on!
--Pete

My email: petermontie@hotmail.com
ComancheClub.com/forums
Pete M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
89blkcomanche
1993 ZJ 

so like these wouldn't fit then http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/614964126.html
Unread 03-23-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
Pete M
1988 MJ Comanche 

Not on a 2wd. And not on a 4wd (which are 1" taller than 2wds) with the aftermarket rims. The only way to run 31s on aftermarket rims is a full 3" lift (and even then some combinations of tire/wheel can cause issues). Some brands of 31 (not all 31" tires are actually 31"es tall) can be fit under a stock 4wd MJ, but only on stock rims or the tires will rub horribly on the flares. Below is my 4wd 90 on 31s with stock rims. There was a bit of rubbing on the stock lower control arms, but I swapped in WJ lowers that have the funky bend in them so all is good now.
Jeep on!
--Pete

My email: petermontie@hotmail.com
ComancheClub.com/forums
Pete M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2008, 10:17 PM   #5
MrSimon
1987 MJ Comanche 

I just put 31" BFG Mud Terrains on a 4x4 with stock suspension. They fit in the wells, but rub while turning and on any type of bump. My 3" lift should be here any day now

These are just sitting in front, but you get the idea.

Here is the front one installed ... you can see its pretty stuffed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.