manual transmission making ticking noise when facing uphill - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > manual transmission making ticking noise when facing uphill

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
MJCOMANCHE87

manual transmission making ticking noise when facing uphill

i have a 1987 jeep comanche with a 5 speed manual transmission. when i am facing up hill my transmission makes some kind of a ticking noise when facing uphill, no matter the angle of the hill. does anyone know what this noise could be? there are no other problems with the transmission other than that.

MJCOMANCHE87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

How are your engine and trans mounts?
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
MJCOMANCHE87

my engine mounts i know are good. i will check the tranny mounts tomorrow, thanks
MJCOMANCHE87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
greaseslapper
1987 MJ Comanche 

this may be worng, but mine used to do that so i took the trans out and found that it was a broken resister pin and the clicking came from it trying to go into fourth and fifth at the same time.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.