lift kits where to buy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > lift kits where to buy

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-23-2007, 11:25 PM   #1
neil4.0
1989 MJ Comanche 

lift kits where to buy

all I see is skyjacker and superlift. They only have 3'' & 2.5''who elce out there sells them I am looking for more like 6'' lift kit. or as big I can go with out having to change a lot to the drivetran. and any other upgardes I should look in to like week points on this truck?

1989 Jeep Comanche LB 4x4 4.0
1990 Ford Mustang 5.0
1999 Subaru Impreza
neil4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2007, 12:10 AM   #2
bigken98
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Rubicon express makes lifts, so does rustys offroad.
bigken98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2007, 06:23 AM   #3
75SV1

Rubicon, I think, makes a 4.5 to 5.5 inch lift for the MJ. I only hear good stuff about their lifts. I did watch my neihbor install aother type of lift. Skyjacker I think. He didn't have to many good words. He has used Rusty's stuff and seems OK with their stuff. I was going to go with a 3 inch lift. But I saw a MJ with RE stickers on it in Greenfield IN. It looked sharp. So I would believe it had a 5 inch RE lift on it.
Tom
75SV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2007, 09:35 AM   #4
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW
Web Wheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75SV1
I saw a MJ with RE stickers on it in Greenfield IN. It looked sharp.
Was it this one? http://www.greatlakesxj.com/members/rjontzen.html
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2007, 10:13 AM   #5
75SV1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW
Yes, that looks like the one. It looks a bit higher in those pictures though, than I remember. Very nice condition, I didn't see any rust.
Tom
Unread 09-24-2007, 10:42 AM   #6
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW
Web Wheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75SV1
Yes, that looks like the one. It looks a bit higher in those pictures though, than I remember. Very nice condition, I didn't see any rust.
Tom
He runs different tires/rims on the road than on the trails.

Yes rust free, but has a big dent in his rear quarter on the bed from a tree last time out.
Unread 09-24-2007, 11:53 AM   #7
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW
Web Wheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil4.0
I am looking for more like 6'' lift kit.
http://www.motionoffroad.com/suspension.html
Unread 09-24-2007, 09:35 PM   #8
COMANCHE4X4
1989 MJ Comanche 

Hello

You can get a lift kit from most any company they supply an XJ/MJ front lift and you have to do a SOA on the rear for a 6" lift
It depends on what you have or want to spend. RE parts are top quality and they are about the most expensive as well,
I run the RE track bar, lower control arms,swaybar discos- . RK 6.5" front springs
Custom (homemade upper arms) factory rear leafs SOA dodge truck break hoses for the extra length.
I has to extend the rear drive shaft 3" (I feared it would pop out off road)
and Rough Country shocks I have about $600.00 in the total lift kit
you cant buy a system for that price .the RE system is over a grand
But if you build your own use the RE control arms they are perfect.
track bars there are many good options and front springs there are a few I am really happy with the RK units I have and they have a great price.
COMANCHE4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2007, 11:56 AM   #9
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

Mine is SOA rear and 6" TJ coils in front with Rough Country adjustable tracbar and longer lower control arms. I put in '87 YJ brake hoses in front and moved the rear hose down the bracket for the load sensor. Using new rear Ubolts and the swaybar plates from another Jeep ('73 J4000) I use all stock shocks in the rear. I used shock extenders in front (homemade 3" longer then I found some in the "Help!" rack at my store) and that's been the extent of my lift.
I can clear 33/9.50/15 tires on stock rims with just minor rub (next lower arms I get will have the curve in them!)
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #10
harpo1

Don't order anything from Motionoffroad.com. I ordered a C02 system from them and when I received it the two indicators on the regulator gauges were bent and the dials wouldn't spin. I contacted them and they told me to take detailed pictures and send them to them. I told them I didn't have a digital camera and they insisted they needed pictures. Finally, they told me to send it back and provided me with an RMA number. I told them I'm not paying for shipping and they said I have to pay for shipping and they'll credit my credit card once they receive the item. In their emails they basically said people don't send the defective one back after receiving the new one. Also, they said they make the customer pay for return shipping up front so they don't have to wait so long for the replacement item.

Not sure about the rest of you but most companies I deal with will send out a replacement right away along with a shipping label to send the damaged one back. If you decide to order from them just beware of their shady business practices.
Teraflex 4:1 Transfer with Extreme Short Shaft SYE
ARB Lockers w/4.88 Gears
Poison Spyder Trail Cage
harpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 05:26 AM   #11
75SV1

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpo1 View Post
Don't order anything from Motionoffroad.com. I ordered a C02 system from them and when I received it the two indicators on the regulator gauges were bent and the dials wouldn't spin. I contacted them and they told me to take detailed pictures and send them to them. I told them I didn't have a digital camera and they insisted they needed pictures. Finally, they told me to send it back and provided me with an RMA number. I told them I'm not paying for shipping and they said I have to pay for shipping and they'll credit my credit card once they receive the item. In their emails they basically said people don't send the defective one back after receiving the new one. Also, they said they make the customer pay for return shipping up front so they don't have to wait so long for the replacement item.

Not sure about the rest of you but most companies I deal with will send out a replacement right away along with a shipping label to send the damaged one back. If you decide to order from them just beware of their shady business practices.
I wouldn't consider this a shady bussiness practice. They did offer to send you one for pictures. I had a transmission go out on my Ford Contour. It was under extended warranty from Ford. I had to give them my credit card to insure payment if it wasn't covered. From my understanding, they didn't refuse to refund your shipping cost. Sounds like they are trying to contain cost.
Tom
Unread 06-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #12
mike48130

everyone be aware. I have a 2007JK with a 2"lift. last night the pan hard rod bracket came off the axle. clearly the weld was incomplete and the dealer and the Jeep 800 # say that the repair is not covered by warranty! they say the lift caused the problem. I am living this issue right now.
mike48130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.