Lift kit advice and other questions. new Comanche owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Lift kit advice and other questions. new Comanche owner

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #1
ebair

Lift kit advice and other questions. new Comanche owner

Hey I bought a 1989 Comanche about 8 months ago and now I'm planning on lifting it I would like to know what's the best lift kit for the Comanche? Should I buy one off the internet or build a custom one myself? If I should buy one online what website would you guys recomend? And how much will it run me? I want to be able to fit 33s or 35s under it. Also I would like to hear your guys input on the 10/5 puegot transmission, I don't think it can handle the power behind the 4.0 and it randomly won't go into gear sometimes and I want to g
Replace it possibly if it keeps being a pile. I just would like some advice please. I would love a input on any of my questions. Thank you

ebair is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
ftpiercecracker
1990 MJ Comanche 

http://comancheclub.com/topic/35519-...complete-lift/

THE highest quality for the money.
ftpiercecracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
YamahaAlex37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftpiercecracker View Post
That is a really awesome link you posted... it should be stickied in this category.

I don't know how much lift OP is looking for, but I have a general question. If the Rubicon Express 5.5" Coil Springs were to be swapped with some Rusty's Offroad 8" coils, (and longer shackles / blocks) in the rear, what changes would be expected from that list? Thanks.
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
ftpiercecracker
1990 MJ Comanche 

I dont know enough about it to give you an accurate answer, but if you want to know simply put your question at the bottom of said link. ComancheClub is a place you guys need to get familar with.
ftpiercecracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebair View Post
Hey I bought a 1989 Comanche about 8 months ago and now I'm planning on lifting it I would like to know what's the best lift kit for the Comanche? Should I buy one off the internet or build a custom one myself? If I should buy one online what website would you guys recomend? And how much will it run me? I want to be able to fit 33s or 35s under it. Also I would like to hear your guys input on the 10/5 puegot transmission, I don't think it can handle the power behind the 4.0 and it randomly won't go into gear sometimes and I want to g
Replace it possibly if it keeps being a pile. I just would like some advice please. I would love a input on any of my questions. Thank you
I started with a 4.0, B/A-10, 2wd. I got an AX-15, NP231, and a Dana 30 front axles, and installed them. Everything bolted up, and it was $600, plus I got all the small hardware. Zone 4.5 J29 lift kit, and 35's will fit. Bing bang boom done. With that you'll be fine. I am doing all the work my self, and it's going smooth and easy. So 2wd to 4wd and lifted with about $1350 invested.
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
ebair

Thanks NYtrailrider! Checked out the lift kit and I think that's the one I'm gunna get. This summer I will put the lift on and put on some 33s. I will post my build on here for sure
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
joey48442
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Anyway to tell if my comanche has been lifted?

It has rough country shocks on the back and what looks like bilsteins in the front. Any way to tell by looking at the rear leafs and front coils?

Joey
joey48442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #8
SnowYJ
1988 MJ Comanche 

Post up a picture and we could tell you.
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #9
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

ebair, here is when I got it to the lift kit installed and on 30's.

Unread 04-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #10
DeejayZeejay
1994 ZJ 

Looks good. What paint is that?
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #11
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

Krylon OD Camo, needs touched up for sure, but looks great when freshly applied
Unread 04-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #12
ebair

This is my truck. Pretty much all stock FOR NOW. Really wanting to get rid if the puegot 10/5 in the near future.

1989 jeep Comanche 4.0 Peugeot 10/5 31 inch bfg all terrians. Future plans; ax15 tranny 4.5 inch lift with 33s custom bumbers with winch two electric fans headers and flowmaster exhaust system
screenshot_2013-04-14-18-30-07-1.jpg   screenshot_2013-04-14-18-29-53-1.jpg  
Unread 04-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #13
ebair

@deejayzeejay @NYtrailrider

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.