Just cant stop - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Just cant stop

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-10-2013, 04:29 AM   #16
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

If you try bleeding the master, you MAY see that very little fluid is coming out around the fittings. But, it's harder to tell than when you're using a regular bleeder.

What did the original fluid look like?

Real nasty?

An index to over 25 write-ups can be found in Post #1.

Cruiser's Mostly Renix Tips
Refresh*Connections*Before*Replacing*Components
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 05:14 AM   #17
SamanthaRae

The original fluid wasn't that bad. Haven't tried to bleed the mc yet. Does anyone know if it has anti lock brakes?
SamanthaRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 05:21 AM   #18
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaRae View Post
The original fluid wasn't that bad. Haven't tried to bleed the mc yet. Does anyone know if it has anti lock brakes?
Only you. We need a pic of the Master to tell from here.

An index to over 25 write-ups can be found in Post #1.

Cruiser's Mostly Renix Tips
Refresh*Connections*Before*Replacing*Components
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #19
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

It has a level sensor on the rear axle that restricts flow when there isn't a load. I popped mine off (the rod that is) and lifted it up to bleed. When that wasn't enough (I had a broken line in the back that I replaced) I loosened the return line under the pressure differential valve (under the brake booster/master) and got LOTS of air from there. When I went to 33" tires (33/9.50/15) i removed the return line (plugged it with a cap on the PD valve by the master cylinder and bypassed the load level valve in the rear) The drawback to this is the level sensor is an anti-skid device so you have to be careful in the rain. With better front brakes (off a ZJ) and an upgraded master/booster ('96 XJ) I can stop at 55 mph while pulling a 3500 lb load while having a motor/trans in the back of the truck for "ballast".

Comanches didn't get factory ABS. Just the rear anti-skid valve.

'81 Eagle wagon with upgrades $2500
'87 Comanche shortbox 4.0/AW4/NP242 on 33" tires $3500
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #20
SamanthaRae

Just put a new master cylinder on it and still nothing. Almost like its worse then before. Bled everything. Still air in the lines. Checked all my connections and lines. No leaks.
SamanthaRae is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.