Just bought - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Just bought

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #1
McWood
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Just bought

a 90' comanche for 500 buckaroos. wasn't running when i bought, trailer it home, bled out some air outa the fuel rail and fired right up. I feel like a god damn bank robber. its got a few little odds and ends that need fixing, but over all awesome condition. though i'd share a few pics.

Pretty Maids all in a row, i'll take the one on the left, she's perfect.

So the question is do i sell it, make a few bucks and spend the profit on the xj, or live with the renix devil and build her up?

Unread 04-11-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

great buy, you thief

i have looked everywhere down here for one and have come up empty. that is a great find.

Last edited by turtlerace; 04-11-2008 at 08:44 PM..
turtlerace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
wahoosteeler
1988 MJ Comanche 

yeah, you should definitely do a minimum of 3 to 10 for that heist! Wow!

you've definitely got options on what to do with it. i recently was able to pull off a similar deal, 87 Laredo 2WD rust free. owner couldn't figure out why it kept stalling (4cyl) and didn't have time or money to really dig in to it. i didn't even bother with the engine myself because it started and ran, just really rough, so i figured someone more qualified could get it running right if the wanted, but i knew the value was in the condition it was in. so, i bought it for some fresher parts, i.e. seat covers and some interior trim knowing i'd flip it. i was able to do that and found the perfect owner. he had a rust bucket 86 with low mileage drivetrain so he's swapping everything over. i made a few bucks and he got a cherry body in fully optioned laredo trim, so a win-win for sure.

congrats!

Last edited by wahoosteeler; 04-11-2008 at 10:11 PM.. Reason: left out info
wahoosteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
boman40
boman
1995 FSJ Cherokee 

MAN, what a find. fix Her up. Me , myself and I would keep both of them.
boman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 04:10 PM   #5
McWood
1996 XJ Cherokee 

the xj stays no matter what. I just always thought that the renix systems was god awful and should be avoided at allcosts. So what are the main weaknesses and strengths of the renix engines?
Unread 04-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #6
Pete M
1988 MJ Comanche 

Strengths:
easier to work on (don't need a scanner, just a multimeter and a manual)
more low end torque
knock sensor

Weaknesses
Ummm..... I can't think of any. Maybe that it's harder to find low mileage versions?
My email: petermontie@hotmail.com
ComancheClub.com/forums
Pete M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 06:50 PM   #7
boman40
boman
1995 FSJ Cherokee 

The only thing I have found is a small lack of HP, but the are stil good. and a lot more vaccum leaks. I like the 92 or new 4.0l engines, but I still have a 89 comanche. I show the wife your pictures, said you could double your money if it is an automatic.
boman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 11:13 PM   #8
Mr_Random
1986 XJ Cherokee 

I would give my left nut to find one in that good of condition for sale around here... let alone for 500 dollars!

If you don't need it or really want it, sell it to someone who'll be happy and keep it running well/looking pretty (someone like me, not me though, too far away)!
I live with in an hour of the coast so getting sea foam is easy, but isnt the salt bad for the fuel system??? and how about the people that live farther away can you just foam up water and sea salt ??? if so what kind of mix do I use ??? 1table spoon to a gal of water??? and then how do I "foam it up" mabe a little soap????
Jeepus buildicus:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/86-xj-w-mpi-budget-re-build-757079/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorm View Post
Using pure N2 is a total waste of money considering you can get 78% nitrogen for free.
Mr_Random is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.