Jeep wont accelerate past 15-20mph - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Jeep wont accelerate past 15-20mph

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-29-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
soupernova
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep wont accelerate past 15-20mph

Greeting All, I am new to the Jeepforums and i need some help. I am very excited to be the proud new owner of a 90 Jeep Cherokee(I know its not a wrangler but can really use the help) with a 4.oL engine . However it has some problem it starts and runs but it wont go over 15-20 mph no matter what rpm it is. the previous owner said it might be the torque converter .....but I don't know. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

soupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 01:46 AM   #2
1SICKMJ

How are the RPMs when its driving at 15-25? Is the motor reving high, like over 2500 rpm or kinda low?
Unread 06-04-2013, 02:57 AM   #3
soupernova
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Update. I drove the Jeep home to find that the issues not as severe as the seller said .Tranmission doesnt seem to want to down shift and wants to die when i corner right. I think it might be a grounding issue a stated in another post. So glad i dont have to replace the tranny. Pics to come soon
soupernova is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.