jeep cherokee pcm - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > jeep cherokee pcm

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
chrisreusch

jeep cherokee pcm

i have a jeep cherokee that needs to have the pcm replaced. do i have to get it flashed to my vin or can i just switch it out with another one. it is a 2000. please help

chrisreusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
ftpiercecracker
1990 MJ Comanche 

flashed to your vin?? not sure what you mean, but it shouldnt really matter if it is what i think it is. It comes preprogrammed with "default" settings and will "learn" ,if you will, how your engine operates best. The best thing to do is to replace it and then drive a couple gentle laps around the block.

question, how do you know your PCM is what is bad?
ftpiercecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #3
USMC_XJ
2003 WJ 

Unless you have the SKIM security, you don't need to have it reflashed. Make sure the new one you get is the same.part number, or at least an updated one. Usually it works by adding 2 letters to the end of the part number. IE, 123456789AD has revisions made and is still able to replace 123456789AB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99
The next time you want to tell a story but not get people's opinions, rather than post it on an internet forum, open up Microsoft Word, type your story there, then click on the little X in the top right corner and then hit yourself in the head with a sledge hammer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat
If he finds the yj section im putting round headlights on mine.
USMC_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
chrisreusch

when the auto mechanic ran a test the everything was working and he overrode the system and started it. after i shut it off it would not start. the fuel pump was working so the mech said it was the pcm
chrisreusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
Reptile
Web Wheeler
1991 XJ Cherokee 

What do you mean he 'overrode' the system? If your key is gray, you have SKIS/SKIM. You need a DRBIII scan tool (about 5 grands) to reprogram the VIN in the ECU.
Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 06:45 AM   #6
97_4popper
1990 MJ Comanche 

Had to replace it on the 97 TJ. I bought it online and the company I bought it from flashed it with the vin. So, I would assume your 2000 needs it as well. Did you post this on teh Cherokee forum? This is the comanche forum.
Check out comancheclub.com...
My build thread: http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewt...hp?f=7&t=27756
Wifes: 97 TJ 2.5 4X4 5sp 31's stock. . . Slow but; reliable.
97_4popper is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.