Internal Slave Replaced - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Internal Slave Replaced

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeSanta Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 05-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just replaced the internal slave and new clutch and pressure plate on a 91 MJ, clutch seems to engage and work perfectly but pedal feels really soft. No slack in it just easy to push down, more so than what I think it should be. Any ideas, we bled it pretty good. Did not replace master cylinder, think that would help? BTW it is an AX15 with 4.0 L engine.

3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
ftpiercecracker
1990 MJ Comanche 

Your clutch works great and its easy to push down and your complaining about it???
ftpiercecracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #3
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftpiercecracker
Your clutch works great and its easy to push down and your complaining about it???
Just so happens that I am complaining about it.. This is the vehicle that carries my daughter around quite often and it means something to me to have it in good working order. I am 45 years old and have driven a standard transmission for most of my life and I know when a clutch does not feel right. Am I a expert mechanic? No I am not but I have learned a tremendous amount from asking questions on this forum. It is responses like that, that keeps people from asking questions, especially noobs that are unsure of themselves and worried they are asking a dumb question. If you do not have anything constructive to say then please refrain from answering my questions.
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.