Inaccurate Carfax Reports! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Inaccurate Carfax Reports!

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 02-11-2005, 06:41 PM   #1
1986Comanche
1986 MJ Comanche 

Inaccurate Carfax Reports!

According to Carfax all 1986 Jeep Cherokees and Comanches with the 2.5L 4 cylinder have a 5.0L 1bbl OHV engine. Also according to them the 1986 2.8L V6 is an inline 6. I have contacted Carfax about these errors and they have done nothing for 4 months and they insist that they are right! They say that the Vins decode as American Motors instead of Jeep. Even though American Motors owned Jeep in 1986 and 1987 Cherokees and Comanches were built by Jeep Corporation just like Chevrolet vehicles are built by Chevrolet a division of General Motors, but they don't call a Camaro a General Motors Camaro or a Corvette a General Motors Corvette. They call it a Chevrolet Camaro or Corvette. The second position in my Vin and all of your Vins is a J and it stands for "Jeep" not American Motors. My title says Jeep and it is insured as Jeep. All other sites that do vehicle history reports have the correct information.

Blue Jeep Club Member #123

Easy to be a truck. Hard to be a Jeep.
1986Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2005, 09:36 PM   #2
cj7xjmj

If I am not mistaken, back in 86 youcould still get the J truck which was also called a comanche at one time in its production life. There might be where the confusion is. I had an 87 XJ which had the AMC title, it really doesn't mean anything. I believe there is just a lil confusion on their part as to what vehicle you are talking about. Besides that... is it really worth getting all twisted about it.

Patrick
If you have to ask why... Its a truggy thing and you wouldn't understand
cj7xjmj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2005, 09:42 AM   #3
bockwho

My 88 had AMC stamped all over everything. the plug wires hoses belts. ect.

[COLOR=darkslategray][FONT=book antiqua]My Life is Hard[/FONT] [/COLOR]
bockwho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2005, 06:29 PM   #4
1986Comanche
1986 MJ Comanche 

A 1988 shouldn't have any AMC stuff on it. 1987 was the last year for AMC. In 1988 Jeep was owned by Chrysler.

Blue Jeep Club Member #123

Easy to be a truck. Hard to be a Jeep.
1986Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.