How do you fix an expansion plug leak? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > How do you fix an expansion plug leak?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-22-2005, 09:27 AM   #1
GDSQDCR

How do you fix an expansion plug leak?

As the title says.
Apparently my expansion plug is leaking on the 4.0. How can I fix it? Can I throw some JBWeld at it or do I need to pull the plug and replace ...

Thanks!
Anthony

Unread 06-25-2005, 04:19 PM   #2
cj7xjmj

You need to remove the leaking one and replace it with a new one. Some auto parts store sell ones that have a rubber bushing that you compress, to seal up the freeze plug hole. The metal ones, steel, or brass are the better way to go, but you almost need to pull the motor out to do it right in my opinion.

Patrick
If you have to ask why... Its a truggy thing and you wouldn't understand
cj7xjmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2005, 02:01 AM   #3
GDSQDCR

I found a local shop to replace the one on the left side of the motor, under the intake/exhaust manifold for $100. He says all he has to pull in the exhaust pipe from the manifold to the cats.

Anthony

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.