HELP np 231 shift linkage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > HELP np 231 shift linkage

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

HELP np 231 shift linkage

I swapped a AX-15 trans with a NP-231 t case in my 88 comanche. The trans came from a 95 cherokee, the t case from my comanche donor truck. My question is about the linkage. I cant get it to fit. I have the linkage from the Ax-15 and linkage from the donor which had an automatic. Do i need to modify something i dont know about? I couldn't find a answer anuwhere so i made a thread thatnks in advance.

JeepComanche89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
97_4popper
1990 MJ Comanche 

If you switched the tranny in your truck to the auto, the bracket that the linkage attaches to under the truck is slightly different. I converted my truck from auto to AX15 and ran into the same issue. The brackets between the 2 are offset slightly. Pull the bracket from the donor and switch them. There are 4 bolts under the carpet on the inside on the driver side of the tranny tunnel that hold the brackets.

Good Luck!
Check out comancheclub.com...
My build thread: http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewt...hp?f=7&t=27756
Wifes: 97 TJ 2.5 4X4 5sp 31's stock. . . Slow but; reliable.
97_4popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 06:11 AM   #3
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

I converted to ax-15 as well. I will take pictures today of what i have i may be missing something. Im not sure how the shifter handle links to the actual tab on the t case.
JeepComanche89 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.