HELP np 231 shift linkage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > HELP np 231 shift linkage

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

HELP np 231 shift linkage

I swapped a AX-15 trans with a NP-231 t case in my 88 comanche. The trans came from a 95 cherokee, the t case from my comanche donor truck. My question is about the linkage. I cant get it to fit. I have the linkage from the Ax-15 and linkage from the donor which had an automatic. Do i need to modify something i dont know about? I couldn't find a answer anuwhere so i made a thread thatnks in advance.

JeepComanche89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
97_4popper
1990 MJ Comanche 

If you switched the tranny in your truck to the auto, the bracket that the linkage attaches to under the truck is slightly different. I converted my truck from auto to AX15 and ran into the same issue. The brackets between the 2 are offset slightly. Pull the bracket from the donor and switch them. There are 4 bolts under the carpet on the inside on the driver side of the tranny tunnel that hold the brackets.

Good Luck!
Check out comancheclub.com...
My build thread: http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewt...hp?f=7&t=27756
Wifes: 97 TJ 2.5 4X4 5sp 31's stock. . . Slow but; reliable.
97_4popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 06:11 AM   #3
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

I converted to ax-15 as well. I will take pictures today of what i have i may be missing something. Im not sure how the shifter handle links to the actual tab on the t case.
JeepComanche89 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.