2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  SuperWade2 
#1 ·
1989 MJ Pioneer, 4x4, 4.0L, 5 Spd, D30/D44, 204K Miles

See less See more
#2 ·
very nice truck, looks clean as hell with 204 on the clock

#8 ·
88XJSport said:
Very Sweet. And you do realize that 89 was a VERY VERY rare year for the 44 right?
I DID NOT know this, although the D44 was the deal maker... :cheers2:

I wouldn't have paid what I paid for it and would have walked and hoped that he came down a little more in a few weeks. Since it had the D44, I was willing to pay a little more to drive it home that day.

It's still 3.07's, but at least I have a better starting point when I want to start upgrades in the future...

SW2

#12 · (Edited)
88XJSport said:
Post more pics. Like the front and the interior.
Ok, it's raining like a mother right now, but will try to get more pics up soon...

There was an after market tube deer catcher thing in the front that I removed cause I liked the stock front bumper look. The interior is WIP... I have a short shift console on the way from a guy from ComancheClub.Com and will be doing some work on getting the dash back to more stock...ust missing some switch panels and I think I'm going to swap the Gauge cluster (I like having a Tach more than a huge Gas gauge).

The carpet is OK and the Bench Seat is Decent...

Wade

#14 ·
wow, I am really jealous. That thing is gorgeous... Nice buy!

#16 ·
Thanks All!

I have some stock Interior stuff on the way (Console, Boots, Switch Panels, etc) as well as some Wheel Caps and a few other things to make it closer to stock. I have a new CD Player and Speakers on order from Crutchfield, and am thinking about a Spray In/Roll On Bed Liner. Needs a few cosmetic things, but seems to run pretty well. Lifters are awful noisy... I already talked to my local 4x4Guy and he is going to do a complete rebuild on another MJ's 4.0L and we might talk about a swap at some point in the future. It's only gonna see light DD miles for the near future until I'm tired of dumping money into my TJ... I have 3 or 4 more things that i'd like to do to it next year (Front Brakes, Currie Steering and ORO SwayLoc), but after that would like to get the MJ lifted a little bit (at least for 31's").

Wade

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.