Get your stock specs here! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Get your stock specs here!

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #76
1986Comanche
1986 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowplow
Let's see if we can re-live this mess agin.........1st JP Magazine October 2006
Jeep Autopsy the last of the jeep pickups, its a must read.

the MJ came out in 1985 sold as a 86

86-87 only the long bed aval 87 the ( 112.9 inch wheelbase 6ft box)

the base MJ after 87 was the custom model, plus there was what Jeep called the
"Low Series" X model the primo MJ was the XLS

The Ironically named custom was cheap, designed for the to by buyer and had little or no bright exterior trim. The X was a slight step up from that with bright accents in the moldings.

The X and The XLS had an optional sport decor group ( black grill and bumper )

1988 the MJ went to an 8 slot grill

The engine........MJ born with the 2.5 I4 worth 117hp and 135lb-ft of torque
in 87 the figures were pumped up to 121hp and 141lb-ft torque
AHH here's one.........Fuel Miser package was available for the I-4 Lowering the HP
to 100hp and including a 4 speed manual trans no tail gate and undercoating and 3.31 axle gears the 4x4 Miser got the same treatment as well as no spare tire or brackets.

The metric ton package outside north america in the states it was called
Big ton payload package (long beds only) payload to a max of 2205 lbs by way of
new springs and the dana 44.

The opt off road for the big ton included HD gas shocks, front tow hooks, HD radiator and front skid plates
there was a trac lock diff if the truck had the full size spare and had the 4.0 I-6
and the auto trans brought the pay load to 5000 lbs the standard gears were
3.54 with the opt. 4.10 's other then the fuel miser's 3.31's

just a few notes on the truck and as soon as i find it agin the metric ton also came as a dule weel truck but not in the U.S.
The three Trim Levels that you mentioned (Custom, X, and XLS) were only used in the first year of the Comanche which is 1986.

Blue Jeep Club Member #123

Easy to be a truck. Hard to be a Jeep.
1986Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 08:23 PM   #77
packratt53
1990 MJ Comanche 

anyone have any idea how many metric tonnes were built each year?
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:02 PM   #78
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

MJ parts to XJ questions...

I know I've read that the MJ doors are compatible with the 4 door Cherokees but why won't the (if they won't) 2 door Cherokee doors fit? Actually I may be trying to go the other way. I just picked up a 2 door '85 Cherokee Chief sans doors, liftgate, interior, glass (except the cracked windshield) and the grill assebly. However I am also going to be picking up an '88 MJ and I MAY (big MAY there as I might run it doorless) want to put the MJ doors on the XJ - is this possible?

Also, I know there are a bunch of options but if you think of an '88 MJ what motor and tranny pop into your mind? I haven't even seen the MJ yet - all I know is it's a 2wd model, in decent shape but the motor is blown but I'm trying to get an idea of what it may come with. And if it does have the AX15 will it be compatible with an NP231 considering it's a 2wd model because if it's got the 4.0 and AX15 I would like to fix the motor and replace my 2.8 V6 and the manual in XJ.

More also - will the grill from the MJ fit the XJ? I have no problem switching fenders, hood, etc. to make it work but the XJ I bought doesn't have a grill (or headlights) and that's the main thing I'm buying the MJ for so if they absolutely can't fit then I won't buy it.

Any help would be appreciated as this is my first "real" project.

Also - If this MJ deal goes through I may have some interior stuff available, along with an MJ body (minus grill of course) as the seller says the interior is perfect condition and the body is in remarkedly good condition!

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:09 PM   #79
FooK
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Palmer
I know I've read that the MJ doors are compatible with the 4 door Cherokees but why won't the (if they won't) 2 door Cherokee doors fit? Actually I may be trying to go the other way. I just picked up a 2 door '85 Cherokee Chief sans doors, liftgate, interior, glass (except the cracked windshield) and the grill assebly. However I am also going to be picking up an '88 MJ and I MAY (big MAY there as I might run it doorless) want to put the MJ doors on the XJ - is this possible?

Also, I know there are a bunch of options but if you think of an '88 MJ what motor and tranny pop into your mind? I haven't even seen the MJ yet - all I know is it's a 2wd model, in decent shape but the motor is blown but I'm trying to get an idea of what it may come with. And if it does have the AX15 will it be compatible with an NP231 considering it's a 2wd model because if it's got the 4.0 and AX15 I would like to fix the motor and replace my 2.8 V6 and the manual in XJ.

More also - will the grill from the MJ fit the XJ? I have no problem switching fenders, hood, etc. to make it work but the XJ I bought doesn't have a grill (or headlights) and that's the main thing I'm buying the MJ for so if they absolutely can't fit then I won't buy it.

Any help would be appreciated as this is my first "real" project.

Also - If this MJ deal goes through I may have some interior stuff available, along with an MJ body (minus grill of course) as the seller says the interior is perfect condition and the body is in remarkedly good condition!
The 2door XJ doors are significantly longer, not compatible with anything but 2 door XJ's
Driver #1724 Team WP Jeepspeed
Co-Driver #36 ERS Rally Team
FooK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:55 PM   #80
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooK
The 2door XJ doors are significantly longer, not compatible with anything but 2 door XJ's

Ok, cool, thanks.

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2007, 10:13 AM   #81
wahoosteeler
1988 MJ Comanche 

I just bought an 88 MJ Laredo and there is a lot of helpful info in here. I think I may have lucked out on a very rare fully optioned Comanche. It has the tow hooks and skid plates, full size spare, etc. you name it, it's got it. Is there anywhere that can inform me of the option packages on this truck from the VIN, so I know exactly what I've got?

Finally, I'm about to do what seems to be a standard practice and put some Canyon wheels w/30x9.5's on it. Can someone please confirm if these fit w/out any lift and no after-effect such as any rubbing, especially up front? Eventually I'd like to add a minor lift for looks and little breathing room on the clearance but not in the budget right now. Thanks for any info, already got the bug.
wahoosteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2007, 11:07 AM   #82
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW
Web Wheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoosteeler
I just bought an 88 MJ Laredo and there is a lot of helpful info in here. I think I may have lucked out on a very rare fully optioned Comanche. It has the tow hooks and skid plates, full size spare, etc. you name it, it's got it. Is there anywhere that can inform me of the option packages on this truck from the VIN, so I know exactly what I've got?

Finally, I'm about to do what seems to be a standard practice and put some Canyon wheels w/30x9.5's on it. Can someone please confirm if these fit w/out any lift and no after-effect such as any rubbing, especially up front? Eventually I'd like to add a minor lift for looks and little breathing room on the clearance but not in the budget right now. Thanks for any info, already got the bug.
PM me your vin and I can get you some info on it.
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2007, 03:21 PM   #83
88XJSport
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoosteeler
Pics....
88XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #84
88XJSport
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Hey LEAD, My 88 is too old to get a build sheet or the like because chrysler said so when i e-mailed them. What info can you get?

Last edited by 88XJSport; 09-27-2007 at 11:19 AM..
88XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2008, 10:26 AM   #85
phokur

Is there any way you can put the differences on the trim levels?

History:
90 XJ, 96 XJ, 89 MJ, 87 YJ, 10 JK
phokur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #86
lewt2007
1990 MJ Comanche 

most cherokees and comanches came with the power comfort switch up until a certain year because both of the ones i have have the switch with the automatic transmissions. that was part of the auto setup for a few of the years. you also forgot the off road package that included tow hooks skid plates front and rear
lewt2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #87
Douglas
1987 MJ Comanche 

The wiki(Jeepiki) under JeepForum says under Comanche/Transmission the following that is a bit different that what is said above:
3.07 - used with 4.0L I-6 engine / manual transmission.
3.31 - used with the rare "Fuel saver" package in '86.
3.55 - used with 4.0L I-6 engine / automatic transmission and with the 2.5L I-4 / 4 speed manual.
4.10 - used with 2.5L I-4 engine usually with 5 speed, also came with '86 Metric Ton models.
4.56 - rare but can be found on some older (~ '89 ~) models with 2.5L I-4 engine and auto transmission
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 09:01 PM   #88
lewt2007
1990 MJ Comanche 

the Comanche was available with a rear bumper delete option on it mine has the plate mounted where it would be without the rear bumper on it
lewt2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 02:39 AM   #89
jack4500k

I have played net games for several years

I have played net games for several years. As a fan of net game, I like world of warcraft most. With the curious mood, I buy wow cd key in official website. At that time, I have heard my friend said that, many people would buy a false cd key from illegal channels, I hate that things so making a test in that website. I think my choice is right. I bought world of warcraft cd key from an office website. the easiest way to get your wow accounts leveled, would be the best choice for those players who are out of time. Our profession staff will powerlevel your wow accounts efficiently and securely. Buy World of Warcraft Power Leveling from us, experiance our excellent WoW Power Leveling service!cheap warhammer online power leveling.
jack4500k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 06:45 AM   #90
gmacc59
1986 MJ Comanche 

I found some cool stuff!
*******Factory parts lists in pdf"s for 80-86 and 88-90 including MJ's********

Height valve parts list http://www.massachusettsflagger.com/mj/HV.jpg
Parts 80 -86 http://www.massachusettsflagger.com/mj/Jeep80.pdf
parts 88-90 http://www.massachusettsflagger.com/mj/Jeep88.pdf
gmacc59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.