floorboards? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > floorboards?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #1
jeepcomanche88

floorboards?

where can i find replacment floorboards?

d35 in the rear w/ detroit tru track and 4.10 gears

photos here
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2160304
jeepcomanche88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
wahoosteeler
1988 MJ Comanche 

have you tried www.wholesalemopar.com ? it may let you order the part and then send you an email saying no longer avail, but worth a try.
wahoosteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 11:24 PM   #3
Pete M
1988 MJ Comanche 

XJ floorboards don't match up quite right, but have been made to work with some effort (and a big hammer). The junkyard is another option, but it's not exactly easy to get the floors out since there are a gazillion spot-welds holding them to the frame.
Jeep on!
--Pete
My email: petermontie@hotmail.com
ComancheClub.com/forums
Pete M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
wahoosteeler
1988 MJ Comanche 

Pete, I've heard of some guys just cutting some steel and welding it in. The "band-aid" fix being they don't even cut out the rusted floor, the "pro shop" fix being the do all the proper prep. Either way, what do you see as the pros and cons of this versus the difficulty in trying to get factory floorboards? Mine are going to need replacing soon so I'm curious of the opinions out there. Thanks......

Greg
wahoosteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 10:11 AM   #5
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

How bad are your floor boards??? Pics????

As far as I know, your not going to find drop in MJ Floorboards anywhere. Bet thing to do is "cut and paste" for lack of a better term. See my rust repair thread in my sig. The only thing they make for the YJ is the front floor pans, everything else, I am fabbing up myself.

SO, in short, how much rust are we talkin about here???

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 03:24 PM   #6
Pete M
1988 MJ Comanche 

I'm far from being a competent welder so all I know personally is the bandaid fixes. My 88 has aluminum sheets screwed and glued in place. I've got some scrap sheets of galvanized steel I'll be adding into my newest MJ. My goals are simply to prevent water and rocks from intruding into my cab. I'll cut out as much of the rust as I can, but it's pretty much a lost cause so I don't take it to seriously.
But there are plenty of guys who think nothing of it to grab some raw 14 gauge steel, the hammer and the Mig and go to town replacing everything the right way. It all depends on your skill level and what you want out of your truck in the end.
Jeep on!
--Pete

My 90:
My email: petermontie@hotmail.com
ComancheClub.com/forums
Pete M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2007, 09:47 AM   #7
jeepcomanche88

its no where near as bad as pete but im working with it and using a good bit of por 15. I will get it done soon though and ill try to put up some pics

photos here
Unread 11-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #8
jeepcomanche88

on the passanger side i had already put down some por 15

and heres the drivers side

photos here
Unread 11-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #9
dkroll
1989 MJ Comanche 

While we are on this subject.... I am attempting to replace my floor boards which are not too bad, but too thin to play with. I am in the process of (after buying the replacement floor boards), trying to remove the (upper) frame brace. It is now, after drilling out many spot welds, flapping in the breeze....EXCEPT.. the rear two inches of it!!! I can not find out where it is being held on, but this must be a "Jeep" thing.
This delemma backs up my thoughts as far as how well Jeeps are made, but it makes me mad when I can't even take it apart. I will try to post a pic of where I am talking about, but I sure would like to get this baby out in one piece since it is still in good shape. HELP!
floorboard.jpg  
dkroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #10
dkroll
1989 MJ Comanche 

Okay, here is a picure of where it will not give.
This is a shot from the pass side door looking at the rear part of the brace.
.........By the way, does anyone make this piece anymore? I have searched everywhere and can not find this "upper brace".!!!! A guy could make a mint making these if not!
Unread 11-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #11
dkroll
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcomanche88 View Post
its no where near as bad as pete but im working with it and using a good bit of por 15. I will get it done soon though and ill try to put up some pics
You have lots of cancer to deal with, I am sorry!
You must be from up north!??
Unread 11-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #12
dkroll
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkroll View Post
Okay, here is a picure of where it will not give.
This is a shot from the pass side door looking at the rear part of the brace.
.........By the way, does anyone make this piece anymore? I have searched everywhere and can not find this "upper brace".!!!! A guy could make a mint making these if not!
Somebody today said something that was cool. Don't polish a turd, get down to the bottom of it and make it nice! I guess he meant, do it right the first time, or do it again better the second time. Comanches apply.
Unread 11-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #13
dkroll
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoosteeler View Post
have you tried www.wholesalemopar.com ? it may let you order the part and then send you an email saying no longer avail, but worth a try.
I just bought some from C2Cfabrication. Too short. E-Bay has some that are full length. I have seen them. These are what you want if you are wanting more than about two feet from the firewall.
Unread 11-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #14
cody4359
1987 MJ Comanche 

classic2current has half lenght pans and full lenght pans (front half, or rear half, or complete side), i was looking on amazon about a year ago and found a company selling entire mj floor pans for about 300, dont rember the company tho
cody4359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #15
joester1908

my MJ has the same problem. getting that upper brace off is a pain. lots of spot welds to drill. i cant find the replacement brace. about 1/3 of mine isnt usable. i could make it work but id feel better just getting new ones. i was wondering how important is that brace? can i just use the floor pan without the brace? i want to mount XJ seats so the mounting brackets are different. if i didnt use that brace that sure would be easier. but it would be about 180 bucks to get the front and rear pans on both sides. if im gonna do it i want to do it right.
img_4989.jpg   img_4991.jpg  
joester1908 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.