Floor console upgrade? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Floor console upgrade?

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 02-10-2005, 02:08 PM   #16
Comanche5L

console

has anyone tried a ZJ console in their MJ? i need something like that because the shifter in my '88 is back about 6" further than a stock 4.0 one, i need a console that doesnt go right into the dash so i can slide it towards the back to make it fit. just seeing if theres any pics, theres one at the local jeep junk yard ive been eyeing the last couple months.

Comanche5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #17
rustybottoms

Grab it before it gets destroyed! I don't know about you 5L, but at my local pick and pulls it's almost impossible to find a nice piece of interior that doesn't have a crack or two in it. (is the shifter further back cuz you've got a 5.0 in there?)
rustybottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2005, 02:56 PM   #18
Comanche5L

console

yeah i may just grab it anyways, i think i can get it pretty cheap. ill post pics if it all works out =)

and yes its pushed back form the 5L
Comanche5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #19
JeepComancher
1990 MJ Comanche 

Hello Jeep Comanchers,

Actually you don't have to cut anything, to put a full console in an MJ. You just need the Air Flow Section from a Cherokee with Console. I have the installation instructions right here (NOS console kit for XJ and MJ).

BETTER INFO: Air Flow (deflector) piece (heater box) has 2 screws. Mine were behind a thin black strip, barely glued in place. Console Kit comes with replacement piece.

Has anyone had good luck pulling straight up to remove the Automatic shift handle as the TSM and Console Instructions suggest to do?? They always break in the junkyard... I bought the last 3 NOS handles Chrysler had just in case...

Also, you really don't need all the brackets either, unless you need it to be 100% factory. Full Console has been in my dad's MJ for over 6 years without any additional brackets installed. Where's it going to go with the bucket seats right next to it, eh? It is alot easier to install without the seats in the way, and who knows what you might find under the seats! (Between my 2 MJs, I got nearly $7.00 in change...)

Would anyone be interested in the brackets? I have the set with screws from the kit. If there is interest, I could have these reproduced. And copy the installation instructions.

Off to look it over again, I will snap photos if I figure it out. ***Got it. Will post pictures when I find time. (Took the factory console out of my other Comanche to compare.) UPDATE: I have many, many, many pictures, and will take more, and will post a link with the OEM instructions as time permits.

Jeep Comancher

Last edited by JeepComancher; 07-04-2013 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: Updates and better information
JeepComancher is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.