Dakota gas tank in 6' box MJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Dakota gas tank in 6' box MJ?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 03-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
a4xnut
1989 MJ Comanche 

Dakota gas tank in 6' box MJ?

Cruising thru the local Craigslist ads today just seeing what kind of MJ's are on the market and I ran across this one:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3680638385.html

It appears to be one of cody4359's rigs because the pictures used in the ad are the same as some he's posted here.

What caught my eye in its long list of features was its "Dakota 22 gal tank."

I searched the Comanche Tech section for something on this but nothing came up regarding this swap with any key words I used - like "Dakota" or "gas tank".

I sent an email response to the ad poster, but so far, nothing.

Hopefully, he responds to this post. If anyone else knows anything about this mod and they're willing to share, please do!

[COLOR=Navy][b]'89 MJ Shortbed[/b][/COLOR] 4.0L, AX15, NP231, D44
[COLOR=DarkRed][b]'86 XJ Laredo 4dr[/b][/COLOR] 2.8L, A904, NP207, D44, full-floater HP D30, lockers, winch, etc.
[b][COLOR=Teal]'71 CJ-5[/COLOR][/b] Project
a4xnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
ftpiercecracker
1990 MJ Comanche 

This is a mod that has been done a time or two, but to get some real detailed information you need to take a trip to the ComancheClub.com they are the ones that can give you the down low. If the rest of the truck is to your liking dont let the dakota tank scare you away, if anything it adds to its value.

EDIT: just looked at the ad, i know that guy from CC and would not hesitate a second if i were thinking about buying that truck.
ftpiercecracker is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.