A Couple Questions Before Buying A Comanche - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > A Couple Questions Before Buying A Comanche

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
Bimmer

A Couple Questions Before Buying A Comanche

I found an add on Craigslist for a Jeep Comanche, I just don't know too much about them so I have a couple of questions.

Here's the link;
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3767018212.html

The add says that it has a lot of dents, and since I know they are part uni-body, should I be worried about these dents affecting the structural integrity or should I be worried about them throwing off the alignment?

I was also wondering if there is anything in particular that I should look for like common problems or rare options. I have tried searching for common problems and I have found that a lot of people say there are none but before I buy I want to be sure.

Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 03:36 AM   #2
SBpunk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I would grab it in a heartbeat. Check the floor boards make sure there's no rot same with the frame behind the tires. Remember everything from the doors forward can be swapped out with XJs. Beds aren't hard to find either. The ax15 swap is nice but I would put in a dana 44 if you plan on running anything bigger than 33s. Biggest thing is the strait and non rotted frame. Everything else is easy.
Unread 05-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
Paradise XJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

There's dents...and then there's DENTS.

A smashed in side, front end or rear may present problems with the frame or unibody.

Mostly if it's just dents, it cosmetic. If you don't mind a few dents, buy it. I wouldn't touch it myself. I bought mine, rust free (California) with 2 small pings in the bed and a broken header panel...other than that, the body was clean as a whistle. It cost me $400, delivered. It wasn't running, but after a weekend of tinkering with it I was back on the road

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.