Comanche seats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Comanche seats

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 12-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Comanche seats

I have comanche buckets that are in pretty good shape, but the drivers seat bracket is rotted. The two front feet are rotted off and replaced with flat stock. I have a bench seat bracket, that is is good shape. Should I cut the bench bracket and weld it to the bucket seat? I dont really want to do the cherokee seat swap, as my brackets arnt in good shape. Also if i buy aftermarket seats, do i still have to use my original brackets?

JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
ftpiercecracker
1990 MJ Comanche 

If you go aftermarket you will definately have to alter/custom/fab your brackets maybe a little maybe a lot. If you want to just use the MJ buckets and you already have MJ Bench brackets it should be as easy as getting rid of the stuff that links the brackets together, plopping on the buckets and bolting everything back together.
ftpiercecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftpiercecracker
If you go aftermarket you will definately have to alter/custom/fab your brackets maybe a little maybe a lot. If you want to just use the MJ buckets and you already have MJ Bench brackets it should be as easy as getting rid of the stuff that links the brackets together, plopping on the buckets and bolting everything back together.
Thanks, i never really thought about just removing the whole bracket from the bench rather then cutting. Thats probably what im going to do now. I will look into it as soon as I can. Im not sure what it looks like but im sure it will be easier then cutting and welding. Thanks again!
Unread 12-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Update: the bracket from the bench was different where it bolts to the seat. However i am goning to be able to remove just the feet from the bench bracket and bolt them onto the bucket seat frame. I will post pics when i do this incase anyone is interested.
Unread 12-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
jpdriver1
1989 MJ Comanche 

check over on comancheclub.com --- someone may have an extra
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

I did check there first, but couldn't find anything close enough. I removed the ones from the be h today, in going to try to get them on the bucket seat tomorrow.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.