Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Comanche magazine article

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  exc911ence 
#1 · (Edited)
Just a heads-up that the latest issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine features a 3 page article on the Comanche and highlights the Eliminator as the original compact muscle-truck.

I've been dying to own an Eliminator 4X4 since I had my old 89 Comanche Pioneer. Great trucks! :thumbsup:

I'll scan the article and post it up. :rtft:

#2 ·
Scan:

#6 ·
traitor5150 said:
According to that article They dident make a 4x4 eliminator untill 1991 but I have a 1990 eliminator 4x4 auto that came factory like that??? whats up with that?
Me too. But mine is a 5spd.

#7 ·
traitor5150 said:
According to that article They dident make a 4x4 eliminator untill 1991 but I have a 1990 eliminator 4x4 auto that came factory like that??? whats up with that?
I noticed that too, when I bought my 91 I ran it through carfax the model came back as an eliminator(it didn't have the trim package), I think the article could be wrong, but one way to be sure is to run it through a service like carfax.

#9 ·
chuckyj95 said:
mine was a 90 eliminator factory 4x4 that artical is wrong

I wish i still had it

were can i get that so i can read it
What is with those bush bars??? Are they factory??
I bought an '86 MJ long bed 2wd 2.5 T-5 with that exact same bush bar and lights.:confused:

#10 ·
Mine had those wheels!

#11 ·
The rims on it are not factory the ten hole rim is some one replaced them be for I bought it

The brush bar on that truck was a factory add on from what I understand that one was found in a vacont barn and basicly bolted right in I think it was for a cheroke.

#12 ·
I was not impressed with the article - the former editor of HMM emailed me several weeks ago when they were researching the article and asked me several questions about my 89 Eliminator 4x2; none of the info I provided was used.

#14 ·
Car RamRod said:
Mine still has them. Getting something different when I get the chance.
Let me know when you get the chance, I've got 4 5star aluminum rims off a Grand Cherokee that I think look pretty nice on the MJ, I had them on mine till I rolled it, now I don't need them.....

#15 ·
CanadianJeep86 said:
Let me know when you get the chance, I've got 4 5star aluminum rims off a Grand Cherokee that I think look pretty nice on the MJ, I had them on mine till I rolled it, now I don't need them.....
thanks but Im just gonna grab somethin local. I think shipping those would cost more than the wheels themselves lol.

#16 ·
Car RamRod said:
thanks but Im just gonna grab somethin local. I think shipping those would cost more than the wheels themselves lol.
Gotcha:thumbsup:

#17 ·
Link repaired...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.