Comanche heater parts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Comanche heater parts

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 02-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
thejum57

Comanche heater parts

Any good places to get Comanche parts??? Specificly the vacume canister for heat regulator? Please don't say Autozone!

thejum57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #2
mfpdm
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You can try these links. It's sometimes easier to call them to find what you need plus they can tell you right then if it is in stock.

WholesaleMopar.com

NewJeepParts.com

TeamCherokee.com

mfpdm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #3
COMANCHE4X4
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejum57 View Post
Any good places to get Comanche parts??? Specificly the vacume canister for heat regulator? Please don't say Autozone!
vacuum canister for heat regulator? I take it you are describing the under hood heater control valve.
you can go to any auto parts store,or online like RockAuto

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php
COMANCHE4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2008, 08:49 PM   #4
thejum57

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMANCHE4X4 View Post
vacuum canister for heat regulator? I take it you are describing the under hood heater control valve.
you can go to any auto parts store,or online like RockAuto

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php
No, this is a football shaped plastic canister that is behind the front bumper pass. side. It's up under the plastic inner fender.
Unread 02-22-2008, 08:12 AM   #5
mfpdm
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No, this is a football shaped plastic canister that is behind the front bumper pass. side. It's up under the plastic inner fender.
From the link I posted above, here is what your looking for,

"Vacuum Reservoir XJ 1985-2001
This is a factory original part. This is a vacuum supply reservoir. This is what helps open and close you heating vent & actuator doors among other things such as the vacuum supply for the cruise control. This is for all Jeep Cherokees from 1985-2001."

and it list for $9.95. It's about a third way down on this page.

http://www.teamcherokee.com/AC_and_Heating/index.html

Unread 02-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #6
thejum57

That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for Now I'll be a real pain, are there any schematics for the vacume tubes floating around in cyberspace? My canister has 2 tubes going into one end, and 2 nipples on the other without tubes. Thanx for the help!
Unread 02-22-2008, 05:35 PM   #7
mfpdm
2000 TJ Wrangler 

This should give you what you need and more.

Click Me

Here's also a parts catalog that may help.

Click Me Too

Unread 02-26-2008, 04:01 PM   #8
thejum57

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpdm View Post
This should give you what you need and more.

Click Me

Here's also a parts catalog that may help.

Click Me Too

Those are some HUGE files. Thanx for the help, but could you point me to the one for the vacume lines. It might take the rest of my life to download each one.
Unread 02-26-2008, 09:44 PM   #9
mfpdm
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Those are some HUGE files. Thanx for the help, but could you point me to the one for the vacume lines. It might take the rest of my life to download each one.
Look under the 88xj folder. Here's the link

Vacuum diagrams
Unread 02-28-2008, 08:39 PM   #10
thejum57

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpdm View Post
Look under the 88xj folder. Here's the link

Vacuum diagrams

You've given me enormous help here so far, I'm almost there, but this shows everything but the football shaped canister in the bumper. There are 2 sets of lines that must be intake and output. It's also an 86 MJ if that matters, maybe changed thier system. Thanx again for the help!
Unread 02-29-2008, 12:21 AM   #11
mfpdm
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for Now I'll be a real pain, are there any schematics for the vacume tubes floating around in cyberspace? My canister has 2 tubes going into one end, and 2 nipples on the other without tubes. Thanx for the help!
Ok, lets step back for a moment. Do you have cruise control? I believe one side is used for the heater controls and the other side is for the extra vacuum needed for cruise control. They just cross connect the two sides. That canister is two separate tanks put together. My mj does not have cruise and has the small round canister with two hoses, so I can't just look at it to help you out. I assume that your setup would be the same as mine if you don't have cruise, it just uses two hoses and one side of that canister.

In the parts catalog I posted, look under Group 24 heating and AC, figure 24-2200. It shows the canister and the hoses plugging into them. If you look at the hose description, it denotes ones with and without cruise control. Hope this solves your problem.

Unread 03-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #12
thejum57

Stepping back is always a good thing! No cruse control. I took some detailed pics:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...7/000_1234.jpg
the canister showing the 2 lines I do have...the small one is also broken
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...7/000_1236.jpg
the other side of the canister where 2 other mystery lines should go (I blocked them) There is no evidence of any other lines that may have gone here.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...7/000_1241.jpg
where the smaller line goes
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...7/000_1242.jpg
my silly little drawing

This definately looks original, there are two spots where it was mounted, and broke loose.
Does this help?????
Unread 03-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #13
mfpdm
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Stepping back is always a good thing! No cruse control. I took some detailed pics:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...7/000_1234.jpg
the canister showing the 2 lines I do have...the small one is also broken
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...7/000_1236.jpg
the other side of the canister where 2 other mystery lines should go (I blocked them) There is no evidence of any other lines that may have gone here.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...7/000_1241.jpg
where the smaller line goes
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...7/000_1242.jpg
my silly little drawing

This definately looks original, there are two spots where it was mounted, and broke loose.
Does this help?????
Yep, you should only have the two without cruise. Like I said before the canister you have is actually two separate canisters put together. I was finally able to export from the pdf in the link above to show you the parts break down.

Yours hoses would look like number 7. No 6 is with cruise.

6 HOSE, Vacuum w/o Diesel Engine, w/Cruise Control
7 Vacuum w/o Diesel Engine, w/o Cruise Control

Unread 03-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #14
thejum57

Wow, what a bizzare setup! A friend with a newer Comanche stoped by, he has the smaller softball shaped canister....with 2 lines. I pulled the larger line from the canister with the truck running...no change in engine noise. Plugged the line, and took it for a ride...no change. So seeing I only have defrost as it is, I broke open the remains of the canister. Yes, it is 1 football shaped canister, with a solid wall in the middle, making it 2 seperate canisters I don't see why I can't just use one of my buddy's "newer" canisters with 2 outlets! Vacume is vacume! Besides, by the time I get this problem fixed, it will be warm here!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx for all your help, youv'e transformed me from a bewildered kitten to someone who now has a direction!
Unread 03-14-2008, 12:27 AM   #15
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

I put the softball under my hood because the bumper mounted football always gets scrunched!
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.